67.

Her.

A jarring phone call from my group mate, Magdalena, abruptly pulled me from a serene slumber in the dead of night. Concern laced her voice as she delivered distressing news about our group mare Ruben's severe accident. I sat up, clutching the duvet to my naked body, and listened to what she had to share.

"What happened?"- I inquired calmly, overhearing Magdalena's husband conversing with someone in the background.

"He was attacked on the street, cornered and brutally beaten. His right hand is severely injured, and his face took a brutal hit. He lost two teeth."- Magdalena detailed, but I interrupted her, wary that delving into further specifics might lead me to the bathroom, clinging to the toilet.

"Will you visit? He's been asking for you a lot."- Magdalena inquired expectantly. 

Glancing at the window, I observed the Eiffel Tower's shimmering lights before responding softly, "I'm not in Italy; I'm in France on business. Please tell him I wish him a speedy recovery."

Ending the call as Magdalena had to go, I placed the phone on my bedside table. In the quiet aftermath, I glanced over my shoulder to look at Leo, who had wrapped a muscular arm around my waist and pressed a sensual kiss on my bare shoulder.

"Did you do it?"- I asked quietly, my eyes fluttering close when another soft kiss was planted on my shoulder. 

"He touched my wife."-  Leo asserted, his tone possessive and protective, and kissed my neck, while drawing me closer, butterflies erupting within me.

To some, this might be perceived as morally objectionable and repugnant. Perhaps, others would distance themselves from such a partner and move forward without looking back.

However, I found myself on a different wavelength.

I cherished this aspect of Leonardo's character. What drew me in was his unwavering commitment to my well-being, honor, happiness, and comfort. I took solace in the fact that he set no boundaries when it came to ensuring my safety. It was a love that transcended conventional norms, one that was willing to defy moral and societal values to safeguard and cherish me.

In the shadowy realm of our Mafia existence, love assumed a spectrum of colours far richer and more complex than in the ordinary world. Love, within our context, could be convoluted, entangled, blind, tender, harsh, greedy, perilous, and so much more. 

I welcomed and embraced every nuance of this love because, just like him, I too was prepared to do anything and nothing to ensure the safety and happiness of my husband. I was ready to shatter rules and morals, disrupt lives if necessary, and acknowledge no limits when it came to him.

Him.

I embodied a man unbounded by limits when it came to my devotion to my wife and our children.

While I never pretended to be a paragon of virtue, I harboured an unwavering determination to inflict unspeakable consequences upon anyone who dared to harm my family.

Cami cherished me just as I was. 

She turned around with grace, allowing the gentle descent of the duvet to unveil her exquisite body. Cupping my jaw tenderly, she kissed me with fervour, a gesture that underscored the depth of her love for me alone.

I reciprocated by cradling her petite cheek in my hand, engaging in a profound kiss. With my other hand, I guided her hips, and she willingly straddled me. Cami enveloped me with her slender arms, embracing me tightly while showering me with affectionate kisses. In that moment, she bestowed upon me all her love, undivided attention, and the warmth of her affection.