53.

Him.

The weekend and Monday were a blur. 

A maze of hecticness that I do not remember.

The rest of the week was not smoother either. 

The triplets went on a trip to Siena with the class, they will return tomorrow morning. Angelica, Ariana and Max are with my parents, who picked them up from school to spend some time together. Tini is staying over with Nic tonight.

Work is overloading and swamping me, not even once was I able to come home before 10 PM, and I barely see my wife because of the fashion week: if she is not on fashion shows, she is working; if she is not there, she is on photoshoots, fucking booked by clients to the point that she comes home past midnight. 

Quadruplets and twins are with us from the earliest until the latest hours. They have fun with us, unbothered by a single thing, but cazzo, it is hard to balance everything.

"You look needy, man."- taunted Martin as I glared at him, putting my phone down and sighing heavily. 

"Wifey is busy?"- he teased, knowing damn well that we barely see each other lately, and checked when I hugged Lorenzo and Luisa and showed him the middle finger. 

"I pity you. I, on the contrary, am freshly looked after."- stated the clown, plopping on the sofa, eyeing the piles of reports I have not even looked at yet, let alone read and analysed. 

"Is everything alright, man? You have never been like this: so all over the place, busy, stuck at work and without any bedroom action."- asked Martin in genuine care, sitting up, and I sighed while rocking Enzo and Lu, hoping that they will get a drowsy as fast as Federico and Eloisa did. 

"I put everything off when Angie and Ari got sick, so it all is catching up on me, along with new tasks. I cannot seem to get back into the rhythm and barely having Cami by my side is just pushing me into some twisted hole that I cannot get out of."- I professed, laying my little angels down in the seats, grateful that they are taking it easy on me. 

But fuck, I cannot say that it is easy for my pregnant wife. 

She is working extra hard this week and she misses me, I know she does because we keep sending each other voice messages, texts - anything to manage it throughout the long, exhausting days. 

"Are you done for the day?"- asked Martin, watching me take my car keys and phone. 

"I must be because quadruplets need to sleep, it is already two hours past their bedtime. Though, I won't see Cami for another 2 hours."- I answered with a tired sigh, running my hands over my face. 

Cazzo, I am drained of the fucking life and it is only Thursday. 

"Hopefully, you get some soon. It is weird to see you like this. Usually, it is me, who is desperate for some vitamin P, not you."- chuckled Martin as I smiled amusedly, thankful for his stupid ass at times like this. 

We exchanged goodbyes and I headed out, needing to put my bambini to sleep in their cribs. 

The car ride was hazy, I don't know when we made it to the house and I do not know at what I, finally, bathed them and settled them to sleep.

I stumbled into the bedroom, for the first time, dreading being here. 

I hate being here without my wife. I hate that our bed has been so fucking cold for so long. I hate that she is not in my arms in the way we are used to. I hate that I haven't tasted those luscious lips properly for fucking days. 

"Merda."- I muttered, tossing my jacket on the armchair, flat out, hopeful of only one thing.

For Cami to come home now and fucking baby me.