42.

Him.

The night was nothing, but a daze and the whole day was no better. 

Bambini came by to visit our quadruplets, who are, thankfully, awake and okay. The doctor said that we can take our babies home on Friday, till then they must be overlooked and go through a couple of rounds of vitamins to boost their immune system and get the auxiliary flow of nutrients. 

Right now it is 9 PM, Cami is with our children, who really barely saw us in the span of the last 48 hours. She will come back in an hour. Meanwhile, I am with quadruplets, who ate around 40 minutes ago and are now sleeping peacefully. 

I took a deep breath and closed my Mac after spending hours on it, looking for clues and a moron behind all this horror. I placed my laptop on the table and approached my kids, smiling in relief as I took in their rapid recovery. 

Enzo and Fede had the most cuts and bruises - everything is healing very well. Lu and El had a few small burns on their arms - those burns are slowly fading away. Camila and I do everything to ensure their quick and safe recovery, we worry and cannot find ourselves any peace, and among all that shit, there is no better hope and strength than seeing our babies be back to their usual selves: bambini are playful, they eat very well and they are as active as the situation allows. 

I kissed their tiny cheeks and tucked them in better, feeling just a little saner.

Out of the blue, a quiet sound caught my attention. 

I'd never mistake this sound.

The sound of a knife being taken out of a holder, that is meant to sharpen it when the knife is being taken out. 

That specific, cold, faint sound is impossible to be mistaken for. 

My hand inched to my gun holder and I took my muted gun off safety, my guard high and attentiveness at its highest. I glanced at the window, seeing a reflection of a fat, tall man. 

He hid behind the door, waiting for me to step away from my quadruplets. 

I kept my cool and took just 4 steps away from the cribs, reaching for my phone as if unaware of his presence. 

And he bought it. 

He stepped out of his hiding and took quiet steps towards Lorenzo, the knife in his hand sharp and deadly. 

Her. 

I entered the hospital, a bit too uncomfortable with how soundless it is here. 

Too quiet to believe that someone is here. 

I took a deep breath and went to the room, anxious and tense as if something is about to happen. 

And Dio, that hunch wasn't wrong. 

3 armed men guard the entire floor, a dead nurse and doctor lay on the floor and the door of my quadruplets' room is closed, making my worry leap and heart pound in my chest. 

I should have called Ignazio, Martin, Fransisco - anyone, but those 5 minutes that they'd take to get here could be the last 5 minutes of my babies. 

So, I did what always will get me to where I need. 

"Hi there."- I spoke softly, my voice gentle and alluring, my hands busy playing with the buttons of my white sundress with a high slit.

Their eyes immediately attached to my exposed legs, my pushed-up chest and plump lips, all 3 of them motivated by the idea of fucking me. 

Such a pity they will die first. 

I took slow, steady, seductive steps towards them and gently traced the brunette man's back with my nails, noticing how eagerly the other 2 straightened up, waiting for the same or even better treatment.