46.

Him.

I sighed raspingly, waking up my phone buzzing on my nightstand repeatedly. 

"Shh, amore mio,  va tutto bene, torna a dormire."- I whispered to my wife, kissing her forehead when she woke up. (Shh, my love, everything is okay, go back to sleep.) 

"Let's just cuddle, vita mia."- murmured Cami drowsily, snuggling into me as I laid a feathery kiss on her forehead, my lips lingering on the spot for a moment. 

"We will, I will just check who is calling me."- I assured my darling, caressing the back of her pretty head with my thumb, and she nodded sleepily, resting her little cheek against my chest. 

I took my phone and answered Martin's call, hoping that he is calling me regarding something I am waiting for. 

"Spero che tu mi abbia riservato un bell'abbraccio, amico mio."- said Martin smugly, sound of a car being unlocked lingering in the background. (I hope you reserved a cute hug for me, bestie.) 

"Hai fatto il lavoro?"- I asked, clutching my phone, sick and tired of constant danger around my wife and children. (Did you do the job?) 

"Duh, ho fatto il lavoro. Ho superato ogni possibile aspettativa e ho anche risparmiato un po' di tempo, amica mia."- answered my best friend, going quiet for a moment. (Duh, of course, I did the job. I outdid any possible expectations and even saved up some time, bestie.) 

"Martin."- I urged him, not liking the silence. 

And just then a loud explosion went off in the background and he couldn't bite back his amused and pleased chuckle. 

"Cosa? Tu puoi divertirti e anch'io voglio divertirmi."- stated Martin in his defence, loving to set up bombs, and this time is no exception: he blew up the warehouse of the motherfucker. (What? You get to have fun and I want to have a good time too.)

"Dov'è il figlio di puttana?"- I asked, not really caring how that pathetic territory ends up: blown up, covered in blood and corpses or gone up in flames. (Where is the son of a bitch?) 

"Con Ignazio. Posso averci giocato o meno e altri uomini possono essersi divertiti o meno con lui, ma è vivo e vegeto. Non è un chiacchierone, sai? Ha anche problemi di rabbia."- replied Martin casually and amusedly, getting in the car and starting the engine. (With Ignazio. I may or may not have toyed with him and other men may or may not have had fun with him, but he is alive and kicking. The dude isn't chatty, you know? He has anger issues too.) 

"Ottimo lavoro. Vola direttamente a Firenze, noi ci saremo."- I said, glancing at Cami, who is beaming and containing tears, doubting whether she heard me right. (Good job. Fly straight to Florence, we will be there.) 

Martin and I ended the call and I kissed my wife, gently cupping her beautiful face, smiling into the passionate kiss, having been waiting for this not less than her. 

"Are we going home?"- asked Camila vulnerably and I nodded, smiling brightly at how she shone, crying in relief, joy and excitement. 

"We are going home, bambina. We are safe and free."- I stated sincerely, wiping her tears away, glad that the hell is over. 

"Can we go home as soon as little ones wake up, per favore, amore?"- pleaded my sweet love, her pale green eyes twinkling with happiness that is all I live for. 

"That's the only plan, mia principessa."- I said lovingly, already grinning as I pictured our children's delight. 

Cazzo, they will be ready to go home in a matter of seconds.