38.

Maximiliano's P.O.V.

I shifted in my bed carefully not to wake Rain up, unable to sleep any longer because of worry for mamma and papà. 

They did say they won't divorce, but that little patch...I don't want them to struggle with anything. I want our family to be the way we used to be. 

I sighed and got up, hoping that a glass of almond milk will help me sleep. I tucked Rain in and quietly went downstairs to the kitchen, frowning when I heard laughter and talking there.

As I peeked in the kitchen, I rubbed my eyes, thinking I am just seeing things, but no! 

Papà is hugging mamma while gently swaying her from side to side as she feeds them mango gelato. They are smiling, laughing, kissing and talking!

Without thinking twice, I dashed to them and squeezed them securely, grinning when they squished me and kissed my cheeks. 

"What's up, amico? Why aren't you sleeping, tesoro?"- asked papà, holding me in his muscular arms as mamma pecked my forehead, fixing my very messy, blonde hair. 

"Everything is really good now."- I murmured, greedily hugging them, the happiest to see them like this. 

"Can we have a glass of milk and cuddle, per favore?"- I asked, delicately playing with mamma's soft, long, wavy, blonde hair.

"Of course, piccolo tesoro."- responded mamma, having no idea how much my siblings and I missed this. 

Dio, it is amazing to have them back the way we love them so much. 

Papà warmed up 3 glasses of almond milk and we went to my room, my joy leaping as they hugged me, telling me about the most random, the sweetest things ever. 

Him.

Cami and I don't need our boy to tell us why he is awake at 6 AM - the way he is hugging us, so tight and secure, says it all. 

All along we didn't mean to worry our kids, we were doing our best to keep them out of our rough patch, but they noticed that and worried. 

"We really should do something all together. Go hiking or on a picnic, something to spend time as a family and compensate for the missed out time."- I said quietly, gazing at our little blonde son, who is catching up on his sleep. 

"I would love that."- replied Cami, gently caressing Maximiliano's head and running her slender fingers through his blonde hair.

"I wonder if it is only Max, who couldn't sleep."- wondered my love as I hugged her and our boy tighter. 

"We will see later on, I guess."- I murmured, kissing the top of her pretty head, and she cuddled up against me, neither of us daring to leave our son, who held us tighter, calm and happy by our side. 

Her.

My mind began worrying about our babies: did they sleep at all, are they okay, will they be okay with going to school today after all of it - yet all of my motherly instincts found peace when Max snuggled into me, his clean, soft, natural, pleasant scent wrapping around me like a little blanket of comfort and love. 

Dio, I'd be nothing without my husband and children. 

I kissed Max's forehead, taking the greediest breath of his odour, my heart calm and sane as my beloved man cuddled us. 

It is crazy to think that we wanted to keep our bambini out of our troubles, but at the end of the day, they, probably, got more stress than we did. 

This taught Leo and me that in such situations, where it seems that it affects just us, everyone is struggling: him, me, and our children. We cannot separate our relationship and our kids, those crucial pieces truly work in sync and we should keep it that way. Our kids feel whenever something is wrong and it is best to be honest, not to brush it off and heal together. 

Amore mio 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें