7.

Her.

It's been exceedingly eventful 2 months. Too eventful for our liking. 

On the one hand, everything is fine. Tini is happily getting to know Nicolas, who is the sweetest gentleman. He looks after her like a queen, makes her smile, spoils and pampers her every single day, therefore, my husband and I are slowly and steadily warming up to him more and more. Domenico is also delighted with his relationship with a beautiful girl Avery Regard; we met her more than a few times and we are extremely fond of her, she is a perfect match for our son for sure. Mateo is also ecstatic with Samuel, their relationship is as strong as ever; they are such a cute couple. Lucas, Emilio, Sofia, Angelica, Ariana, Maximiliano, Lorenzo, Federico, Luisa, Eloisa, Elio and Francesca are doing perfectly, they are healthy and smily, do very well at school and extracurricular classes and master new languages remarkably well. 

Like a cherry on top, doctor let me off the no-intimacy period sooner since my body rested much quicker and I am perfectly healthy to go on in the way I did before. Leo and I should be extra content, we can have sex peacefully in any way we want. We thought that we will jump on each other the second our bedroom door closes. 

But bloody hell, none of that is possible when our hearts are full of worry and know no peace.

My husband's and my worlds crumbled down when our eldest son called us, saying that he is coming home, his velvety voice sounding empty, full of hurt and pain. 

It's been 4 days ever since Adri's arrival. He is smily and kind around his siblings, but as his parents we see how much he is hurting and how drained he is.

Our son lost weight, it is exceedingly noticeable. He does not get out of the house, walk with our pups in the garden is all he is capable fo doing, he does not eat, peach tea makes up his diet. Leonardo and I know no peace. Neither of us can sleep, the two of us don't want to pressure him, yet we cannot sit still. We cannot do anything because we are worried beyond explainable point.

Leo went to make us peppermint tea and I am in our bedroom, getting ready for bed. I am fresh out of the shower, changed and somewhat ready for sleep, which is odd thing to us nowadays. 

"Mamma?"- said my boy as I glanced at the door, sitting up more.

"Tesoro."- I almost whispered, my heart shattering at the sight. 

Soft green-caramel brown eyes are watery, full of tears and hurt. His once healthy, robust, sinewy physic looks frail, exhausted and drained of life. 

Adri came to me and sat next to me. I wrapped my boy in my arms, hugging him lovingly, desperately keeping myself in one piece. He hugged me tightly and I scooted aside more, making room for him. 

"Mi manca così tanto, mamma."- whispered brokenly my son, a tear landing on my shoulder. (I miss her so much, mum.) 

I rubbed his back gently, feeling helpless. In a moment Leo entered the bedroom and his worried gaze oozed as much concern as mine does. He sat next to us and that was all it took for Adriano to break down in our arms. 

The more tears escaped from our son, the more our heart twisted and broke. We have never seen him so empty and lifeless, broken and hurt.

"Shhh, andrà tutto bene, figliolo."- soothed Leo as I stroke our boy's back. (Shhh, it's going to be alright, son.) 

"Il mondo è crudele."- said numbly Adriano, taking a deep breath, leaning in to my touch as I wiped away traces of tears. (World is cruel.) 

"Forse non tutte le speranze sono finite, tesoro. Forse puoi ancora trovare la strada per raggiungerla?"- I spoke warmly and he sighed, laying on his back, running his hand through his velvety, midnight black hair. (Maybe not all hope is gone, honey. Maybe you can still find your way to her?)