60.

Edoardo's P.O.V.

Leonardo Vincenzo Russo.

The firstborn and only child of the former Capo of Famiglia, Fransisco Antonio Russo.

Leonandro has a gift for leadership and plenty of other things, I must admit. He is remarkable with any weapon in his hands and when disarmed, he is just as outstanding and fierce. 

I have never seen a man so capable, ambitious, strong and powerful.

But, once Capo married Camila Emilia Reyes, now Russo, things changed. 

He softened. 

The warehouse is no stranger to his children's laughter and his wife's presence. The men gladly follow Camila Russo's commands as if they were his. Framed photograph of his family always adorns the table in his office. It is no secret that he fucks his wife in just about any room either. 

This is not the way Famiglia is supposed to be. 

No woman should not be in charge.

"Thank you so much for meeting me, Fransisco."- I told my former Capo while pouring him a glass of rum. 

"Ah, it is a pleasure to see you, Edoardo."- replied the man, who, in spite of being soft with his family, ruled with an iron first - something I respect and want back. 

"Have you been to the warehouse lately?"- I asked nonchalantly and handed him the glass before pouring myself one. 

"I go there once in a while, but I trust my son and I know that he is handling everything just fine, so there is no need for me to have regular visits."- answered Fransisco with a fulfilled smile and I nodded slightly. 

"You don't mind that his children and, especially, wife go there so often?"- I asked calmly, testing the subject carefully, and he raised his brow. 

"Why would I mind it? His children are the heirs, they are meant to visit and learn, and my daughter-in-law, in spite of being petite and sweet, has a very ferocious bite."- he stated, smirking as he described his daughter-in-law, pride seeping off him for miles. 

"She is a woman. You know we don't do it."- I urged cautiously, needing him to influence his son's mind, but the man shut me up instead. 

"She is not any woman, Edoardo. Camila was born in this world, she was raised in a family with not a single female relative by her side. This woman has grit, intelligence, strength and resilience and it is an honour to have her on our side. We both know that she balances him out and that is priceless because they are the core of Famiglia."- Fransisco stated in an icy tone, defending his daughter-in-law, and I swirled the rum in the glass while holding his threatening stare. 

"His daughters have no interest in Mafia, they want to be involved in their mother's business, so why do they go there? As far as I know, only his sons want to be a part of Famiglia."- I asked bluntly and he narrowed his gaze on me. 

"It is as much my granddaughters' heritage as it is my grandsons'. They can come and go as they please. Moreover, they never stray away from Leonardo when they are there, they never cause any trouble."- he said, his tone nipping at me, and I emptied my glass in one sip.