Chapter 1

It was dark.

That's mostly what I remember. I just wanted to die. I wanted the rain to just drown me. I didn't want this anymore.My dad punched me and threatened to disown me. And just two seconds before that, he said he loved me.

"I'm sorry! I'll change!"

"No son of mine will turn into a fag!"

I continued to walk slowly, towards the park. It was still very early in the morning, rain poured down. I only wore a t-shirt with sweats. I was shivering, a lot, but that was in the back of my mind.

"You're gay?"

"Mark, I-"

"No, dude just stay away from me."

It felt like didn't belong, at all. My father hates me, my best friend hates me now too. I couldn't stand the abuse, the bullying, the hitting.

I just walked and walked, deeper and deeper into the park. I sat down by a big old tree and threw my backpack down. I sat there, eyes closed, debating whether I should or not.

I opened my backpack and took my dad's gun in my hands. It felt cold and heavy in my hands. I sighed heavily and lifted it to my head, my bottom lip quivering as a strangling sob escaped me.

"Wait," I heard a voice from beside me. I was about to turn around when cool hands kept my head from turning."Don't turn around, just look ahead." I obeyed and stared out in front of me." How did you know I was here?" I said. He took the gun from my hands and put it back into my bag."I saw you coming, you were crying."

"Oh." Out from the corner of my eye, I saw that he was wearing a hoodie, covering most of his face.

I scoffed,"Why would you care if I died or not."

He sighed,"I kinda know what you're going through. I know I just found you like this, and I don't know you, but no one should go through something like this."

He picked up my backpack and handed it to me. I stood up,"Why do you say that."

"I almost made the same mistake you almost made."

He lifted my arm, "Don't do things that you'll regret later on." He traced the scars on my wrist. His hands were delicate. He didn't look up at me. I wanted to see his face...

"Go home, warm up."

Just as he was leaving, I raised my arm out and shouted. "Wait!" He turned.

"What's your name?"

In the dim light from the rising sun, I saw his place face, his glasses, stained with raindrops, a labret, and blond hair feathering his forehead. "Chester."

And with that, he turned and walked away into the fog.