Chapter 35

Mike

I checked my hair one last time in the mirror and then ran out the door. I felt so excited for this date. Everything had to be perfect for this date.

I was also excited to show Chester my new car. I had finally gotten my drivers licence and I was ready to show off a little. I jumped into my car and drove off to pick up Chester.

I pulled up to his house to find him sitting on the steps. His hair was spiked up like usual and he was wearing black jeans with a white
tank top. I got out to open the door for him.

"You came and picked me up in your own car. This must be special," He said before kissing me. I smiled and hugged him.

"You're gonna like this, I promise."

He smiled and sat. I closed the door and went around to my side. I started the car and drove off.

"So where are we going?" Chester asked taking my hand.

I chuckled, "Just out to eat, and then I have a surprise for you."

I giggled, "What kind of surprise?" I looked over at him and he raised his eyebrows.

"I can add that too if you want." He laughed. I turned on the radio to the rock station.

"Yes! Stone Temple Pilots!" Chester squealed. He turned the volume up and sang along with the music.

"And I feel it!" Chester sang proudly, doing his best impression of Scott.

I chuckled and took his hand. The song ended and he giggled, "Sorry."

"Nah, it's okay. You know you have a beautiful voice."

He giggled once more. The rest of the car ride was silent, but sweet. I pulled up to the restaurant and parked. It wasn't a real fancy one, but it wasn't exactly cheap either. I quickly texted Brad.

'Bring DeLeo in 10 minutes'

He replied with an 'ok' and I sighed, flipping my phone shut. My excitement was bubbling inside me. A woman greeted us at the entrance and led us to a table.

"Okay, seriously, what's the surprise?" Chester said smirking.

I chuckled, "It wouldn't be a surprise if I told you."

He smiled, "You're so evil."

"Not like Anna."

"Ooh, yeah, she's a little demon."

"Yup, a non artistic, colorblind demon."

Chester laughed, "What?"

I shrugged, "Remember when I thought Evan was you? Well, if I do remember, apparently Anna drew flames on his wrists with purple marker."

He scoffed, "When the fuck will she give up."

I smiled,"Until she sees how much you mean to me and how much I love you." From the corner of my eye, I saw a man walk into the restaurant. I took Chester's hands and looked into his eyes as DeLeo walked up to us.

Chester smiled at me then turned to see who was standing in front of us. He gasped and covered his mouth in surprise.

"No way..."

Dean laughed and took out a small package.

"Hey kid, I hear you're a big fan. So your friend here thought I should deliver his gift to you."

Chester took it with a quivering hand, "Th-thanks."

Dean smiled and leaned over to Chester. "It's signed." He winked and walked off, leaving us alone. I smiled at Chester. He eyed the package and then glanced at me.

"Don't open it until we're in the car," I chuckled. Chester nodded, still speechless.

We ordered our food. Chester inhaled his food and waited for me to finish.

"I can't believe you actually got Dean here!" Chester said bouncing excitedly. I chuckled and ate the last bite.

"This is Los Angeles."

When I was done, I left the money on the table and followed after Chester. He hopped into the car and carefully opened the package. He gasped when he saw what it was.

"I've been wanting this album for forever!" He squealed. "And you got it signed!"

He opened it then froze. He stared at the inside for I while then looked at me.

Chester

There was a small note on the inside of the album.

'Homecoming?'

I looked up at Mike. "Mike...I...yes!"

He smiled and hugged me, "I knew you would say yes. I just wanted something special for you."

Tears welled up in my eyes. "Oh gosh Mike...you don't have to this for me...I've already had you do so much for me."

Mike shook his head, "Ches, don't say that. You're my everything. You deserve the very best. I don't what would've happened to me without you. I'd be gone if you didn't stop me."

I nodded and hugged him. He kissed my head, "I love you so much Ches."

"I love you to Mikey."

"Now let's go have some fun today," Mike said opening the car door.

***

I stood frozen at the doorway. My dad stood there, with a gun.

"D-dad?" I stuttered.

He shook his head, "No, don't call me that now. I've been a terrible dad. I'm so sorry Chester, you don't deserve me."

"NO DAD! YOU CAN'T DO THIS!" I yelled running towards him. He held the gun to his head and pulled the trigger...

I gasped and sat up. Gosh I hate that dream. I can't stop having it. When I was 14, my dad tried killing himself, but I stopped him. But in the dream, I can never stop him.

I looked around and remembered I was still at the park with Mike. It was really dark out and just a little cold. Mike stirred and then sat up. "Ches? Are you okay."

I nodded slowly, "Y-yeah."

He stood up and helped me up, "Come on. Let's get you home." I nodded and my stomach lurched. Fuck, I haven't had any drugs in a while. I clenched my fists and tried not to think about it until I got home.

Once Mike drove away from my house, I ran inside and locked myself in my room. I dug through the closet and found what I was looking for.

I regretted it afterwards. The dream from earlier was still etched in my brain, and the drugs only made the images worse. I couldn't stop thinking about bad things.

What if Mike found out? Would he call me disgusting and push me away? Or would understand and try to help? I sighed and looked up the ceiling, sleeping didn't seem like much of an option.