Chapter 41

Chester's p.o.v

"Come on kid, your dad told me to pick you up. I'm a friend of his."

I shook my head nervously and backed up. The man smiled and gritted his teeth, obviously growing frustrated with me.

"Kid, I don't have all day." I took another step back. He growled and grabbed me by the arm, dragging me to his car. He threw me in the back and drove off. I whimpered and curled up into a ball, closing my eyes.

He parked on the side of a the deserted freeway. He opened the door and got in next to me. He pushed me to the seats and pinned me down. Yanking my pants down, he grinned.

I shook my head and put my attention back to the teacher. Ms. Kenji passed out some construction paper and gave us instructions. I sighed and lazily cut up the paper into shapes.

"Everything okay?" Mike stopped cutting and looked up at me, "Your hands are shaking."

"Fine. Just...tired. I guess."

He raised and eyebrow at me, "Okay?"

I finished gluing the shapes to the other piece if paper and turned it in. I waited patiently for the bell to ring. Once it did, I stood up with my backpack in hand and let Mike walk me to the door.

"See you after school," he kissed me and left to his next class. I walked to the other side of the hallway through the crowd of kids. I felt a hand grab my shoulder.

"Well look who it is Anna. Bennington is still with Mike."

I turned and faced Mark, with Anna directly behind him. "So you haven't taken my advice? Honestly, is it that hard for you to listen." He pushed me, making me stumble backwards. "You're so ignorant Bennington."

He pushed me again, with a little more force. Anna giggled as Mark continued, "No wonder all your friends are those low life weirdos."

"Shut up."

 He stopped, looked back at Anna and then smirked. "Well you have guts don't you? Don't you ever tell me to shut up." He grabbed my shirt, pulling me forward then and throwing me into the lockers. I gasped as the back of my head collided with a lock. My vision went slightly blurry as I stumbled. 

"Maybe that'll teach him," I heard Anna mumble. I saw Mark and Anna's blurry figures turn around and walk away.

I reached to my head and felt a bump starting to form and some warmth covering my fingers. I pulled my hand back to see my fingers covered in blood. I groaned and forced myself to walk to the nearest bathroom. I grabbed a handful of paper towels and held them to the back of my head. I sat against the wall and just stayed there.

The door opened and Rob walked in. He saw me and froze. "What happened?" He rushed to me and tilted my head down to examine my head. "Who the fuck did this?"

"M-Mark."

"Wakefield? Damn," He shook his head. "Do you want to go to the nurse?" 

I shook my head, "No, I just want to get cleaned up and go home. I'll call in later."

"Alright buddy." Rob helped me up and lead me to the sink. He wet a paper towel and dabbed it against my head gently. 

"Thanks," I said, touching my damp hair around the bump. 

"Don't touch it," he laughed, pulling my hand down, "You go home. Make sure to call Mike."

"I will." I picked my back pack up from the floor and pushed the door open. "You should probably put some ice on that when you get home."