Chapter 4

We walked around the park, catching up on everything.

"You ran into Anna? Dude that was probably really fucking awkward," Brad laughed.

"It wasn't for her, she wouldn't stop talking. She tried to kidnap me too."

"She's been really nosey with us lately," Phoenix shook his head, "I mean, really, we don't know where you are 24/7."

"So that's why she's bugging you."

"Yep."

Then Rob asked the question I was really hoping nobody would ask.

"Why did you come back?"

I stopped walking, "Um, well I missed it here and uh- my mom she...wanted me back?"

Brad chuckled, "You're a horrible lair man."

I sighed, "My dad...he started to hit me. Ever since I told him I was gay. He took my phone, forbid me and my brother from calling my mom. He starved me sometimes. But he treated Jason fine, as if he were the only son he's had."

They were quiet, so I continued, "And just three days ago, I was just so fed up with it, I seriously couldn't stand it. So I went away and decided to...just...end it." I paused, taking a deep breath.

But there was this kid. He was probably a little older than me, and he told me not to do it."

After a few minutes Joe spoke up, breaking the silence, "Well we need to thank that guy for saving our Mikey."

I looked up and noticed that all of them had tears in there eyes."Ugh, don't do that that guys, you're gonna make me cry." I rubbed my eyes.

Then Phoenix laughed and wiped his eyes, "We just love you Mike, that's all. And we were worried that something might've happened to you since we haven't heard from you in ages."

I chuckled, "I loved you guys too."

Rob put his arm around me,"Why don't we show Mike the school?"

"That sound good, to see that old building."

"Yea! Then we'll eat some McD's!" Joe said skipping ahead.

"Ew Joe, we. Don't want to eat McDick." Phoenix said.

"Okay that was totally immature."