Chapter 25

Mike's p.o.v

I kinda found it weird when Chester walked into Joe's basement wearing pants. He usually complained that it was too hot to wear anything, and now we was wearing pants.

"Hey Chaz, why are you late?" Joe said, eyeing him. He probably noticed the pants too."My mom didn't want to lend me the van again. But I was able to convince her." He smiled and went over to me. I smiled back and hugged him.

"You ready to perform two new songs?"

"I'm super ready," He said, kissing my cheek. Brad walked up to us with his guitars in hand."I don't want to ruin the moment, but we need to pack up."

Chester giggled and helped Brad out. I helped Rob with his drums and we drove into town.

Chester was pretty much being hyper the entire way there. Once we got there and unpacked, there were guys with cameras taking pictures of a girl, maybe a few years younger than us.

"Guys, let me pass. Ben!" She waved a guy over and he made the photographers go away. She sighed and saw us unloading our stuff.

"Hey, do you need help?" She walked up to Rob and took the snare drum he had."Uh, I guess," he stuttered. She giggled,"I'm Amy. I'm assuming you guys are Hybrid Theory?"

I nodded,"Yeah, I'm Mike."

"I'm Brad."

"Phoenix."

"Joe."

"And I'm Chester."

She giggled again,"Wow, pretty big band. Hey, do you guys mind if I come on stage and sing one of your songs with you?"

Chester and I looked at each other."Sure, I have a copy of the lyrics for a new song we're playing," Chester replied. He gave her a paper.

"Cool, well see you guys later then!" She skipped away.

Chester's p.o.v

I was pretty excited that Amy was going to sing Carousel with us. The guys and I went backstage and saw Amy and a guy there.

"And then Missing, and I'll close up with Taking Over Me."

She turned and smiled,"Ben, this is Hybrid Theory. Guys, this is Ben, he helps me write my music. I don't have a full band yet. All we do is piano and acoustic guitar."

"Must sound pretty," I said. Ben nodded,"Amy is a very talented singer."

"Chester is also an awesome singer," Dave said grinning. She laughed."This duet is gonna be awesome. By the way, Carousel sound like a good song. Hey Chester, can you give me the melody real quick?"

"Sure," I went over to her. I went over the lyrics and hummed them and told her which parts we were singing.

"Okay, looks fun!" She laughed and went over to Ben. How can someone look so happy.

"Hybrid Theory, it's time."

We all went out to the stage area and got to our places. There were a lot more people than we've ever seen before. Hearing their screams of excitement made me feel even more pumped to be here.

"How you guys doing tonight?" Mike said into his microphone.

"Tonight were gonna open up with a new song," I said. People cheered and Mike gave me a smile. We nodded at Joe and Brad and they started us off.

"This song's called Super Xero." Mike said before he started rapping.

"What do I do to ignore what's behind me?
Do I follow my fate and escape blindly?
Do I hide my pride away from these bad dreams
And give into sad thoughts that are maddening?