Chapter 31

Chester

Dave and I were heading home when he stopped by a poster.

"Homecoming already?"

"It is the end of September."

He shook his head, "Damn, everyone is right. This last year is going to go by fast." He looked at the poster some more.

"Hey, do you think Mike's gonna ask you to the dance?" he said nudging me.

I shrugged, "Why wouldn't he?"

Dave chuckled, "Well, tickets are expensive."

I bit my lip and looked down. Dave automatically sensed something was wrong and put an arm around me.

"Hey, he'll be back. He's just visiting family, you know that."

"I know...god I miss him."

He rubbed my back, "Why don't we go eat at McDonald's? I know you love it."

I smiled and nodded. As we continued to walk, Dave started talking.

"So you and Mike have been busy."

"Shut up. Yeah, we have."

He chuckled, "Not to be weird, but is he good?" My face grew hot.

"Well, yeah, he is."

"Now here's the bigger question. Are you good?" I wanted to slap him and tell him to shut up but instead I answered, "You'd have to ask Mike to know."

He laughed, "Alright, enough of that." He put his arm around me, "Now tell me what Mike does to turn you on."

"Dave!" I said laughing.

"What? Just asking! I'll tell you what girls do to get me."

"Alright what is it."

"Well, for one, they have to be super cute. And have an adorable laugh. Cute sneezes, long legs, nice arms, not too skinny."

"Well when Mike cuddles me, that makes my stomach fluttery. He's really fit. His hair. Oh my gosh his hair."

Dave started laughing,"Okay, okay, this is getting weird."

We walked into the McDonald's and ordered. I immediately started eating my food even before we reached the table.

"Damn, you really do like McDonald's." Dave said laughing. I shrugged and continued to eat.

"Hey should I get another tattoo?"

"What and where?"

I pointed at my right pinky, "I want to get my birthstone here."

Dave nodded, "You totally should." I smiled.

"It's kinda cool that Brad and Rob are committed to their religion. They see all my tattoos and see other guys getting their tattoos done and they still don't give in. I'm pretty impressed."

"True. At first I thought they were against it, but when I got my phoenixes, they were like 'dude! Oh my gosh can I see?'"

"I can imagine. So did you get them professionally or did you have to go to some shady place?"

Dave sipped his soda, "I actually got them done professionally. My dad knows one of the artists and I just didn't want to wait until I was eighteen. You?"

"I got some of them done in an actual shop. I had a fake ID then. Other times, I had some done by friends who didn't have a license yet, most of them were completing an apprenticeship."

"Huh," Dave laughed. "Brad legit almost broke dude. He wanted a tattoo so bad, he almost went to some shady dude to get one. Rob convinced him otherwise."