Chapter 58

Chester

I tugged on my favorite sweater, finally wearing it after so long. I grabbed my keys and rushed out the door.

These past couple of weeks actually had been nice. Mike was with me. The guys were all happy. My withdrawal wasn't bad at all. And even my mom was home more often. I really couldn't be happier than now.

I drove, humming along to Gin Blossoms. I pulled into the school parking lot, stepping out into the slightly cool weather. I walked around the building, towards the field. I saw the guys and waved. "Where's Mike?"

"Oh, he's out, planning something special," Joe said, winking at me.

"Hehe, we got something for the birthday boy," Dave giggled, reaching into his pocket. I rolled my eyes. I giggled and took the little, not so neatly wrapped box from Dave.

I opened it and smiled. It a charm bracelet with little name tags. Each tag had the guys names on it.

"Awww, this is cute guys," I gushed as I put the bracelet on.

Rob grinned, "You have no idea how long it took for us to come with that idea."

"You're right I don't know," I said laughing.

Dave spoke up, "We want you to wear it and remember that we're always here for you. You can come to us when ever you need us."

"You don't know how much we care about you Chaz," Rob said quietly.

Joe nodded, "We don't want you hurting yourself."

"You're like our brother," Brad added. Tears sprung into my eyes as I nodded.

"Thanks guys. You all mean so much to me."

They all smiled and came to give me a hug. I felt all of them wrapping their arms around me. I hugged back, knowing that every word they said is true.

***

"Waitwaitwaitwaitwait. You're turning how old!?" Dave asked, little bits of chewed up food falling out of his mouth.

"Eighteen."

Rob, Dave and Brad all looked at me with a surprised or shocked expression while Joe looked like he was trying to count. I rolled my eyes, "Come on guys! I thought you knew my age?"

"I seriously thought you were sixteen or something," Brad muttered, scratching his head.

Rob nodded in agreement and Dave was still trying to process this. I giggle and explain, "I flunked a year."

"Ohh. Makes sense," Dave said. I laughed and bit into my sandwich.

"So what does Mike have planned? Has he told you?" Joe asked, leaning over to me with big eyes.

"I'm not entirely sure, but he told me to meet him at the park," I said, taking a nacho and popping it into my mouth.

Brad snickered, "So you guys are into outdoor 'stuff' now?"

I rolled my eyes, wiping cheese off of the corner of my mouth. "You're such a perv Brad."

"I swear you have Mike and Chester porn hidden in your room," Dave snickered.

Joe visibly shuddered. "I didn't want to know any of this!" He slid under the table and curled into a ball. I rolled my eyes and finished my food. "Hey I haven't seen you wear that sweater in a while," Rob nodded his head towards me. "I left in Sammy's car few months ago."

"Huh." Rob then looked at the cafeteria windows.

"Looks a little cloudy today..." A group of girls bounced toward our table.