Chapter 38

Chester

I walked to my next class. The day was dragging on. Everything felt slow today. As I was walking, something was thrown at my head. I turned to see a guy, maybe a little bit shorter than Rob, maybe Brad's height, coming up to me. "Hey Bennington, heard you and Mike are together."

"Barely?" He pushed me, my back colliding with the lockers.

"Don't be a smart ass. You have a lot of nerve..."

I tried pushed him off and began walking away, but he grabbed at my backpack. "Don't fucking walk away when I'm talking to you fagot."

"What do you want."

"Just to tell you that Mike doesn't want you. Believe me, he'll stab you in the back." He pushed me once again and walked away.

I walked quickly to class, hoping no one would stop me again.

***

I got the package from Davey. I need to stop. But what would happen after that? There's nothing else to numb me, and this isn't helping much any more.

"I need something stronger..." Davey smirked and pulled another package out. "I'll give you this one free."

I thanked him and walked home.

I shut the door behind me and checked my phone. One new message.

I opened it to see a picture of Mike making a face. Below it it said, 'love you'. I laughed softly and made a face, took a picture and sent it to him.

I sighed and closed my phone. I looked at the packages in my hand.

Dave

"I swear, if he is I might cry." I told Rob. He sighed and bit his lip. "Now that you say it, it does really look like he is. I mean he jumps every time we walk up to him and he actually lashed out at me the other day. It's not like him." We continued walking through the deserted parts of the park.

I sighed and put my face in my hands, "What's really scaring me is, what if Mike finds out?"

Rob shuddered, "He could hurt him. I mean, not physically, but he would crush his heart."

"Hey Dave! Hey Rob!" I groaned and turned around. Anna had been following us.

"Sooo, something sounds off here. Is Bennington doing drugs?"

"No, we were talking about someone else. Now fuck off," Rob mumbled harshly.

She giggled, "Robert! That is so unlike you! I thought you were a sweetheart."

I tugged Rob's arm. "Come on, leave this bitch to herself."

Anna gasped. "What did you say?!"

"You're a bitch. Now leave us alone forever."

"Hey wait! I'm not done!"

I turned around. Her face was red and she had a pouty look. "I'm not stopping until I get Mikey!"

"Look. I'm sure he might be flattered, but he's taken."

"BUT I WANT HIM!" She screamed, stomping her foot. I rolled my eyes and continued to walk away and drag Rob along.

In the safety of Rob's house, we sat down and talked more. "Do you think she'll use that against Ches?"

I shrugged, "Let's hope to god not." He nodded, looking worried.

Mike

I bit my lip as I waited outside of Chester's house. It was the homecoming dance tonight and I wanted it to be perfect.