Chapter 19

Mike

We packed everything into Chester's mom's van. He was the only one with a driver's license, so we had to make do with that. Once we got packed up, we drove out to that big club we were playing at. Honestly, I felt kinda nervous.

"Ches, you look really calm right now," Phoenix said. Chester shrugged, "This isn't my first time performing. I performed a lot with my old band. First show, I was maybe around fifteen."

Phoenix nodded and looked out the window. Rob was patting his drumsticks on his lap and looking out into space. Brad and Joe were mumbling in the back. Everyone was really that nervous I guess. 

"So you have this all down," I chuckled. He glanced at me and grinned. 

Once we pulled up to the club, my insides leaped. I felt so excited yet nervous. We got the stage set up and went to that back of the club where all of the other bands and artists were hanging out. There was quite a few people there.

"Hey, good luck out there," a guy maybe our age said. "Thanks you too," I replied.

"I'm Sean," he held out his hand, "I'm the drummer for Grey Daze."

Sudden fear stuck me. Was this one of the guys Chester talked about? "Uh, I'm Mike, I'm the rapper in Hybrid Theory."

"Hey, he looks familiar," he pointed behind me. I turned and saw Chester talking to Rob and Brad and laughing with them. 

"Um, Chester?" I asked pointed at him. 

"Oh shit....is that really him?!" Sean's jaw dropped and he called two other people over. "Elka! Jason! Look who's here!"

A blonde girl and a guy came over to us and gasped, "Dude, it is him!" Jason said. Chester looked at us and gasped. "Sean!" He ran over to us and jumped on Sean. Oh yeah, I forgot he was his best friend.

"Chester! I can't believe it!"

"I knew you guys were coming! You guys are playing right after us!" Chester went over to me. "Guys, this is my wonderful and beautiful boyfriend Mike."

I felt my face grow red as Jason clapped. "Yeah Ches! I knew you'd find the one!"

Ella spoke up, "So you're the guy behind the lyrics of all the old songs. We still perform some of the old stuff, and let me tell you, the stuff you write is amazing. Can't wait to see you guys perform!" She shook Chester's hand. Then a guy came up from behind her.

Chester froze and stood still as he walked up to him. "Chester? Man, it's been a while...we missed you," the guy grinned and raised a hand to grab at Chester. Sean grabbed him, "Don't you dare Chris."

Chris. The guy that had hurt Chester so much was right in front of me. "Chris." Chester gave a small greeting. Chris smirked and turned around to join his band mates.

"Hybrid Theory, you're up," a man at the door called. The guys all looked at each other with nervous, but excited glances. 

I took Chester's hand and led him away, "Come on Chaz," I mumbled. The guys followed with a buzz of excitement.

"I can do this. You can do this Phoenix. Open your wings and soar..." Dave mumbled to himself.

I laughed and patted Phoenix on the back, "Your gonna do great, just calm down." He nodded. Chester's hand was gripping mine.

We walked up on the stage and got a few cheers. "I love you Mike!" I heard a girl scream. I laughed and saw Chester roll his eyes as he grabbed a microphone.

"How all you fuckers tonight?" He asked the audience. A loud response came with a bunch of cheers and 'yeahs'."

He nodded at Rob and Brad to start.