Chapter 49

Chester

I sat on the couch cross legged, a half empty mug in my hands. Mike came around the couch and sat next to me. I set the mug down on the coffee table and snuggled up with him.

I looked at the tree sitting in the corner. There were tons of gifts there, labeled and sitting perfectly under the tree. The entire room was dimly lit with a soft yellow and white glow. Mike sighed and kissed my head. "I honestly wouldn't want to be anywhere else right now."

"Me either," I responded with a small yawn. It was a little late. Everyone else was with their families, having a good time, but we were with each other, and that's all that mattered. I moved myself a little so I was on his lap. I sighed and rested my head on his shoulder. My eyes drifted closed.

"Wanna sleep on the couch or the room," he mumbled after a little while. "Doesn't matter." He picked me up and carried me to the room. Mike gently lay me down onto the mattress and crawled next to me. Pulling the blankets over us, he kissed me gently. I kissed him back softly, hugging him close.

"Merry Christmas," he whispered, resting his head against mine.

***

My eyes fluttered open and a soft glow was peeking through the curtains. I smiled softly as Mike's soft snores filled the room. I sat up carefully, trying not to wake Mike up. I walked into the kitchen, making something to eat meanwhile Mike wakes up.

After I finished my cereal, I went to the living room and sat on the couch. I felt warm arms wrap around my shoulders from behind. "Good morning baby," Mike muttered into my ear. 

"Morning babe."

He let go of me and went to the tree. He knelt by it and then motioned me to sit next to him. "Everything in this area is yours." There were a lot of small packages and boxes clustered together. "God Mike, did you just spend your entire college savings on me?" I giggled and picked up a box.

Moments later, I had shoes, t-shirts, beanies and all sorts of clothes around me. I opened another small box and squealed. "Oh my gosh!" I held a leather band in my hands, my thumb brushing over one of the spikes. "I can't thank you more than enough Mikey," I said happily as I snapped it on. Mike smiled and then pulled out a tiny box from his hoodie pocket.

"Chester," He took my hand and slipped a ring on. I noticed he was wearing one identical to it. "I love you with all my heart and I promise to never let you go. Ever. I'll always keep you safe no matter what." He kissed my hand and looked up at me. "You helped me Ches. Now it's my turn."

Tears blurred my vision, "Mike...I-- God I love you. I'd be a different person without you Mikey. I love you." I hugged him tightly.

"I love you too Chester." We stayed like that for a few more seconds before I pulled away and got up. I went to the tree and pulled out a box from behind it. "That was well hidden," he chuckled. He tore the paper off and his eyes widened as the Paul Reed Smith logo came into view.

"Ches-" he looked too happy for words. "Oh my gosh, I-" he hugged me and kissed me. "I...love...you...so...much!" He said while kissing me. 

"Gosh Mikey! Finish kissing me then speak!" I giggled. He kissed me again and held me close. "I honestly can't put this into words. I've wanted a guitar for so long."

"I'm glad you like it."

We stayed in each other's arms a little longer. I sighed and nuzzled into him, "I wanna go out today. Like maybe walk around the park."

"Yeah, the snow looks pretty."

***

We were dressed warmly, hand in hand and walking through the chilled air. It was cloudy and there was small specks of snow drifting down. It was so nice.

Mike's warm arm went around me as we walked. I smiled softly and looked over at him. His features were soft and calm. Snowfalkes were softly landing around his face, some clinging to his eyelashes.

"I love you," I whispered to him. 

He looked at me and smiled, "I love you too Ches."

"I'm so happy to be spending today with you. Honestly."

We stopped walking and he held me from my waist. "I don't ever want to be away from you hon. Ever. I just want to spend every living moment with you."

Our foreheads were pressed together and my eyes were closed. I could feel his warm breath against my lips. I tilted my head a little, catching his lips. He responded and moved them against mine.

"Don't leave me," I whispered.

"I won't." He pressed his lips against mine again and ran his hands up my back.

"Promise...promise you won't..." My lips moved against his, my lips parting slightly. My arms went from his chest to around his neck. I could feel the air around us grow colder, the snow coming down faster. "Promise me Mike..."

"I promise."

Rob

"Dammit!" I hit my fist against the wall, making Brad flinch. "He cannot do that!"

"Rob, chill ma-"

"He cannot say that!" I shrieked. I had been so mad for the past couple of days. Mike can't say that to Chester. He can't.

"Brad he doesn't know how hard it is for someone to stop! Chester's gonna give in! I know it!"

"You're calling him weak," Brad said quietly. I sighed and dropped myself onto the bed next to him. 

"I'm...I'm not. It's just- I know this Brad. I know it's hard for someone to stop taking drugs. He's been taking them for so long. I'm afraid he'll give in."

Brad sighed and rubbed his brow. "I know. I know. But we just have to have faith in him. Chaz can stop. You know he'd do anything to be with Mike."

"We don't know that," I sighed, crossing my legs.