Chapter 40

Mike

"Nooo, not that one." Chester groaned.

"Come on, it'll look cute."

"I don't even like dressing up."

I took the costume off the rack and pushed him towards the dressing rooms. "Come on, I just want to see how it looks."

"Fine." Chester took the costume and went behind the curtain.

"You done?" I asked a few minutes later.

"Yes, but I'm not going out there."

"Then I'm going in." I heard him groan. I want behind the curtain and laughed.

"Okay, can I get out of this cat costume now?"

"Yes, you can."

He quickly took the costume off. "I'm never dressing up as cat again."

I chuckled,"Do you want to keep looking around?"

He shrugged,"I guess."

We went through the aisles of the store, looking at different costumes, props, make ups and decorations.

"Are you dressing up Mikey?" Chester asked.

I shrugged, "Depends on what I find."

There wasn't really anything. It was a couple of days before Halloween, mostly everything was gone.

"Ugh. There's nothing here. Just zombie makeup," Chester frowned.

I smirked at Chester and grabbed a bunch of fake cuts and gashes. "And? Zombies are fun."

He groaned, "Now I have a zombie boyfriend."

***

I threw a little more fake blood on my face and then headed out, grabbing an old Adidas bag on the way out. The guys were all outside waiting. Dave and Joe were dressed up as zombies, like me.Brad was a vampire, fangs and everything. Rob and Chester were in just in t-shirts and jeans.

"We're gonna get so much candy!" Joe squealed.

Brad rolled his eyes, "I still think we're too old for this."

"I think it's okay." Chester mumbled. He stuffed his hands in his pockets, "Plus I would kill for candy right now." I smiled and put an arm around him.

"Well then let's go."

We walked down the street and rang doorbells. We obviously skipped Anna's house when we were on the next block. I didn't want to run into her today.

"OMIGOSH, I LOVE CHOCOLATE!" Chester squealed as a woman handed out handfuls of chocolate. She sighed and slammed the door. We snickered and went to the next house.

We rang the doorbell and an old man opened the door.

"What!?" Chester made a little pouty face.

"Can I pwease have some candy?"

The man made a face, "Go away! You kids are too old for this!"

"But you called us kids?" Rob said innocently. The man was red and looked like he was about to explode, but a plump old lady came from from behind him with a bowl. "Now dear, that's no way to act. Here sweethearts."

She gave us each a generous amount of candy and gave us a smile before closing the door. We all laughed and bounded off the porch steps.

After maybe an hour of walking around, we went to Chester's house. We were already by the neighborhood anyways.