Ms Pugh- Florence

Warning: small mention of rape

You rush through the hallways, empty hallways, which means you're late for class and Miss Pugh is going to kill you. This is the third time you've been late to her lesson this week. You wouldn't be late but your son, Bailey, is being a bit of the pain at the moment, he's going through a rough patch and keeps throwing tantrums and refuses to let you leave him with the babysitter. He's only 4 so he hasn't started school yet.

You were only 13 when you had him, you were sexually abused and when you found out you were pregnant, you didn't have the heart to have an abortion. You had to do it alone, your parents are never around, they show up a couple times a year and remind you what a sack of shit you  are before leaving again and taking all the money you have. You don't haven any siblings or other family. You live in a small council flat and have a part time job to pay the bills.

It's shit but you manage.

"Miss Y/L/N, late once again." Your teachers strict voice rings through your ears as you burst into the room. "And that skirt is far too short, pull it down!"

You sigh and tug the annoying uniform skirt down a bit before taking your seat and pulling you book out.

"Detention, lunch with me." She says.

"Yes, Miss Pugh." You grumble, jotting down the notes on the board.

Let's just say that you and Miss Pugh don't see eye to eye. She thinks you're a distractive pupil because you're always late, whereas you can't concentrate in her lesson because, well, have you seen her? No one can concentrate when their teacher is that hot.

"Y/N!" You snap your head up.

"Yes?" You respond politely.

"Did you not hear me?" She asks.

"Oh...no, ma'am, I was distracted." You stutter embarrassedly.

"Of course you were. When aren't you?" She sasses which makes a few students snickers. "Can you tell me what the poet what trying to analyse here?"

You look down at the poem in front of you, frowning in thought. It would help if you weren't dyslexic and have adhd.

"Um- I- I'm not sure, Miss." You sigh and look back up.

"Well there's a surprise. Y/N doesn't know the answer. You don't even try, Y/N! How do you expect to do well in your A levels if you can't answer a simple question? It's a surprise you even passed your GCSE's." Miss Pugh scolds irritatedly which makes you look down. "You're lazy when it comes to work. You'll never make anything of yourself at this rate. Can anyone tell me the answer?"

Tears threaten to spill from your eyes. All the hateful things your parents have left you with come flying back. Everyone is right, you'll never make anything for yourself and you'll just be a let down for your son.

You then feel a hand slip into yours which makes you look up to see Tom smiling sadly at you. Tom is your only friend, everyone stopped talking to you after they realised how screwed up you are. But Tom stuck around.

You give him a small smile back before going back to your notes.

———————————

It's about half away through your lesson, Miss Pugh keeps throwing witty remarks at you but you try your best to ignore her. It's only when the door bursts open that you lift your head up from your book.

Your eyes widen when you see Jasmine, your babysitter, standing there out of breath with Bailey.

"Excuse me, who are you?" Miss Pugh asks.