Traitor- Scarlett

"Babe? You home?" You call out as you enter your house.

"Hey, honey. In the kitchen!" She calls back.

You make your way to the kitchen to see her cooking with Rose.

"Hi, Rosebud." You grin and scoop her into your arms, peppering kisses over her face which makes her giggle. "How was school?"

"Good." She replies. "I learned about the Tudors."

"Oh yeah? I loved history when I was in school. Did you know that Henry VIII killed roughly about 70,000 people? And that Queen Elizabeth the first and the current Queen of England are distant relatives?" You ask.

"Really?" Rose asks, intrigued.

"Yep. Elizabeth I did not produce an heir, so the lineage shifted to her cousin James VI via the marriage of Margaret Tudor, Henry VIII's sister, and that continued the royal line down 16 generations to the current Queen of the United Kingdom." You tell her.

"Woah," she gasps. "That's so cool."

"Nerd." Scarlett teases and kisses your forehead as she walks past you.

"What can I say? I'm a history junkie. That was the only subject I liked in school, plus my history teacher was the best." You defend. "Ooh! Have you learnt about the 'Great fire of London' yet?"

"Baby, Rose goes to an American school. Why would we learn about your countries tragedies?" Scarlett asks.

"Because it's interesting." You shrug. "Rosie, the fire lasted 4 days."

"That's a long time. I want to learn about the things Y/N learned about, Mama." She whines. "Can we move to London?"

"Ah ha! I have corrupted your American daughter and turned her British!" You cheer. "Thus proving, the UK is the better county."

Scarlett rolls her eyes fondly. "No, sweetie, we can't move to London. And, America is better."

"At least I went to school without the fear of being shot." You mumble and set Rose down.

"I heard that." Your wife scolds.

"Just saying. Your county bans abortion but it's okay, just wait 10 years and they'll get killed at school." You point out. (Dark humour at its finest, sorry not sorry)

"I swear, you brits have the darkest sense of humour." Scarlett says in shock.

You grin innocently and kiss her cheek. "But seriously, I'd love to go to London soon, show Rose where I grew up."

Scarlett smiles. "Ok, my love, we'll do that soon."

"Thank you." You whisper and kiss her softly. "Dinner smells great. Do you need any help?"

"No, that's okay, my dove. Could you help Rose with her math homework though?" She asks.

"Oh god. I'm shit at math but I'll give it a go." You say.

"Baby, she's in the first grade. I think you'll be okay." Scarlett laughs.

"You've been warned. If Rose comes back and all her answers are wrong, don't blame me." You huff and pick your step daughter up. "Come on, Rosebud, let's kick maths' ass."

"Yeah! Let's kick it's ass!" She cheers.

"Y/N!"

—————————

You're humming along to the music playing in the bathroom speakers as you dry your hair.

"Oh shit." You mumble as you accidentally knock your phone off the counter.