My Rose- Florence

"Darling, I'm home."

"Flossie!"

Florence catches you in her arms and holds you tightly, her heart clenching painfully when she doesn't feel the joy and butterflies she used to once feel with you.

"I missed you today." You say and pull back so you can kiss her.

Florence smiles sadly. "We need to talk, darling."

"Ok." You agree confusedly, following her into the living room and sitting down on the couch with her.

Florence takes your hands in hers and her teary eyes meet your confused ones.

"Flossie, what's wrong?" You ask worriedly.

"You know how much I love you, Y/N, right?" She asks.

"Of course I do. What's-" you abruptly stop when realisation hits you, and your stomach drops. "No. No, oh, Flossie, no." You beg pitifully, tears already dripping down your cheeks.

"I'm so sorry," Florence shakes her head and whimpers. "I don't want to hurt you, but I don't want to lie to you either. Recently, I've been losing feelings for you, I don't feel the same about you like I did a couple months ago. I love you, I really, really do, but I'm not in love with you anymore, Y/N. I tried so hard to push through it, but I just couldn't. I need you to know that you haven't done anything to make me fall out of love with you, it was all me, I distanced myself and buried myself into work and along the way, I just- I lost the spark. This is a conversation I never wanted to have with you, but it's wrong for me to drag you along anymore when I know this isn't going to go anywhere. You deserve the absolute world, darling, and there will be somewhere out there who can give it to you, but I'm not that person. I am so fucking sorry for doing this to you, darling, but I can't be with you anymore. I'm so sorry."

You let out a heartbreaking sob and pull your hands from hers so you can bury your face in them. Florence cries as well, wishing that she could love you that way you love her, but she just can't anymore.

"You mean the world to me, you're my best friend, Y/N, please don't hate me."

"How can I hate you, Florence? You're the love of my life." You exclaim through your tears. "Please, don't leave me."

"I can't lie to you, darling, you don't deserve that." Florence whispers and tucks some hair behind your ear.

"Are you unhappy?"

"No, never with you, you're my best friend and I love the time we spend together, but I'm not happy with our relationship." She tells you.

"All I want for you is to be happy, Flossie Rose," your voice wavers. "I'm so sorry that I made you feel trapped."

Florence instantly shakes her and wraps her arms around you. "Not once did I feel trapped with you, Y/NN, you made- make me happy, just not in the same way anymore. I'll always be here for you, and you'll always be my favourite person, but we just can't be together anymore."

You whine painfully and hold her tighter. "I love you so much, Flossie."

"I know, darling, I know." She whispers and inhales your comforting scent. "I'm gonna miss you so much."

"Me-me too."

For the next the minutes, the two of you stay wrapped in one another's arms, neither of you wanting to let go first, but eventually, Florence does.

"W-What happens now?" You hesitantly ask.

"I'm gonna pack my stuff up, and go back to Oxford for a few weeks, then when I get back, we'll discuss what to do with the house." She tells you.