The mother you never had- Yelena/Wanda

Mother figure Wanda x daughter figure Yelena- Yelena is 19

Wanda jumps awake when she feels her bed dip. Her hands glow red, going to blast whoever the intruder is, but a small and very familiar whimper makes her stop. She sighs in relief and flips her lamp on.

"Lena, you scared me." Wanda breathes out as she sees the blonde now curled under the covers, along with the puppy at the foot of the bed. Then she catches sight of the silent tears. "Oh, little one."

Wanda shuffles closer and pulls Yelena into her arms, holding her against her chest.

"Where have you been? I haven't seen you in weeks. You can't just disappear without a word." Wanda gently scolds.

"I'm sorry, I just needed out." Yelenas voice cracks. "It gets too much sometimes."

"I know how you feel." Wanda sighs and kisses her head. She misses Vision so much that it hurts. "I wish sometimes I could run away from it all."

Yelena burrows herself into the safe hold. "I'm sorry."

"Don't apologise, malyshka. I'm just glad you came back." Wanda says.

"I miss her so much." Yelena whimpers and tightens her arms around Wandas waist.

Wanda closes her eyes as she feels tears in them. "Me too."

"I went to see her." Yelena says. "I needed advice on how to move on."

"Did she help?" Wanda asks.

"No. I knew what she would of said. She would of said that she didn't want me to live like this, and that she hates seeing me so lost. I pictured her giving me some big speech, but they weren't really her style. I knew she was there, I could almost feel her, just not enough for it to help. I knew she would of told me to come back here, she knows I'm safe here." Yelena tells her.

"Do you know that?" Wanda asks. "Do you know you're safe here?"

"Yes." Yelena answers truthfully. "Actually, this is the only place I feel safe. You're the only person I feel safe with anymore."

Wanda smiles slightly. "Well, you'll always have me. I'll be the mother you never had."

Yelena burrows her nose into Wandas neck. "Can I stay here?"

"You'll always have a home with me, sweetheart." Wanda assures.

Wanda tuts and rolls her eyes when she sees Yelena crack open another energy drink and slurp it.

"How many monsters have you had today?" Wanda asks.

Yelena shrugs without looking up from her phone, scrolling through tik tok. Her legs sprawled out on the couch.

"Shoes off the couch." Wanda frowns and sweeps her legs off before plopping down on the couch.

Yelena huffs but kicks her shoes off and puts her legs on Wandas lap.

"You know those things are terrible for you, right?" Wanda asks. "Full of caffeine and sugar."

"We're all gonna die one day, might as well die whilst enjoying a nice drink." Yelena mumbles.

Wanda frowns and plucks the can out of her hands which makes her whine.

"Hey!" Yelena protests and sits up, trying to reach the can but Wanda uses her powers to hold it away from her.

"No more. From now on you're limited to one a day." Wanda tells her sternly. "And don't even think about pouting at me, little miss."

Yelena pouts anyways as if she's a child. "Why?"

"Because I've lost too much already, and I don't want to lose you because of those cans." Wanda says.

Yelena relents with a deep whine and collapses against Wanda. Wanda chuckles and brushes her knuckles across Yelenas cheek.

"I love you, little one. I just want to look after you." Wanda whispers.

Yelena smiles up at her from where she's laying with her head on her lap. "я тоже тебя люблю мама." (I love you too, Mama)

Wanda smiles with teary eyes. She hasn't been called 'Mama' since Westview.

"Is that ok?" Yelena asks quietly, her voice laced with insecurities.

"Oh, more than okay." Wanda sniffles with a watery laugh. She leans down and kisses Yelenas forehead.

Yelena turns on her side and buries her face in Wandas stomach. They aren't like this for long though, they're disturbed by Fanny jumping on Yelena with her leash in her mouth.

"Fanny, I only took you out an hour ago." Yelena whines but the dog just tilts its head innocently. Yelena groans. "Fine. Go get my shoes."

Fanny barks and drops the leash before jumping off the couch and running off. Wanda laughs amusedly.

"You trained her to get your shoes?" She asks.

"Yup. I also trained her how to get beer out of the fridge." Yelena says proudly and sits up.

Wanda rolls her eyes and shakes her head. "Why don't you just wear those shoes?" She ask and gestures to the shoes on the floor.

"They aren't my walking shoes." Yelena frowns.

"Sorry. I didn't know you had shoes for every activity." Wanda jokes but Yelena doesn't falter. "Oh my god. You do, don't you? You have shoes for every activity."

Yelena shrugs. "Maybe."

Wanda chuckles. "I love you."

Yelena grins and repeats the words to the woman she classes as a mother. "Do you wanna come?"

Wanda smiles. "Sure, hun. Let me just go change into some warmer clothes."

As Wanda goes up stairs to change, Fanny trots back in and drops Yelenas shoes by her feet before sitting down patiently. The blonde pets her head for a moment before slipping her shoes on and grabbing her jacket to shrug on. She puts Fanny on get leash and waits for Wanda.

When Wanda walks back down, she frowns at the lack of warm clothes on Yelena. "Go put some more clothes on."

"I'm Russian." Is all Yelena says as she opens the door.

*30 minutes later*

Wanda watches with an amused smirk as Yelena shivers from the cold. Yelena is too stubborn to ask for Wandas coat so she keeps quiet, just throwing Fannys ball across the park as a layer of snow sets on the ground.

Yelenas teeth chatter and she wraps her arms around herself to keep warm, but it's no use. She's grown use to the heating that's almost always on in Wandas house, and now she's positive she's freezing to death.

"W-Wanda?"

"Yes, dear?" The witch answers smugly.

"C-C-Can I w-wear your c-c-coat p-please?" Yelena asks desperately.

Wanda smiles and unbuttons her coat before wrapping Yelena up in it and pulling her into her arms.

"Silly baby." Wanda chuckles softly and kisses Yelenas head.

"Why are you always right?" Yelena whines.

Wanda laughs. "Mothers instinct, my dove. What do you say we head back? I'll make some hot cocoa and we'll cuddle in front of the fire place?"

"Piggyback?" Yelena asks.

Wanda rolls her eyes and shakes her head. "Alright, dove."

Wanda stands up and lets Yelena jump onto get back, she makes sure she's comfy before whistling for Fanny and starting the walk home.

It was at that moment that Yelena realised she had the family she thought she lost.