Pain⚠️- Yelena

Warning: lots of talk of mental health issues, past trauma, attempted suicide, self harm- please read cautiously and lets keep the jokes to the minimum for this one :)

Yelena is 17 in this imagine. She only just escaped the red room a few months back. You and Natasha are married, she's 28 in this and managed to escaped the red room when Yelena was 10.

If you suffer with mental health, then please talk to someone.

What's the biggest lie you've ever told?

Most people would say something about a past relationship, or friendship. Some have some deep secrets that they lie about.

But let's be real, we all know the biggest lie told is:

"I'm fine"

Because, are you actually? Or do you just want people to stop asking?

How many people can honestly answer that dreaded question?

"Are you okay?"

Can you?

11 percent of the world's population are effected by mental health. It's not always depression and anxiety, but other problems.

Did you know, roughy 1 million people every year die by suicide?

On average, 132 people kill themselves everyday, because mental health is not taken seriously.

"You're not depressed, it's just a phase"

"You can't be tired, you don't do anything"

"Get out of bed, don't be lazy"

"You don't need therapy, it's a waste of time"

"You're just looking for attention"

"Mental health isn't a real illness"

But if mental health isn't an illness, then why are people dying from it?

Less than 50 percent of people who suffer with mental health, seek treatment. Less than 50 percent.

We are told that being depressed is just us being tired, or going through a bad patch in life. But that couldn't be more wrong. Not many people can say they recover from depression, anxiety. It doesn't go away over night.

It's painful. Emotionally and physically. It mentally scars you and there is not a lot that helps.

Sure, there are antidepressants. Viibryd, celexa,
zoloft, prozac- the list goes on and on. But at the end of the day, they're all the same. We think they help because that's what we're taught to believe that. But happiness doesn't come from a pill. It just doesn't.

But if it doesn't come from a pill, where does it come from?

Is anyone actually truly happy?

Yelena knows that she's not. The last time she remembers being happy was in Ohio, with her Mama, Papa, and older sister, Natalia Romanov- who she now knows goes by Natasha Romanoff.