Better in time- Scarlett

Scarlett/You
Florence/You

G!P Scarlett

You thought it was a joke at first when Scarlett handed you the divorce papers. You thought she was getting you back for pushing her in the pool the other day. But when you looked at her face and saw she wasn't cracking a smile, you felt your heart crack in half.

"Why?" You ask through your shallow breaths, the fear of loosing your soulmate creeping in.

"I'm in love with Lizzie." She admits. "I have been for 5 months."

You gasp in shock, a sob escaping your throat. Your heart aches painfully.

"Oh my god," you say, feeling nauseous. "I think I'm gonna be sick."

Scarlett frowns sadly. "I'm so so sorry, Y/N."

"Did I do something wrong?" You ask. "D-Did I make you fall out of love with me?"

"It wasn't you, Y/N, it was me. I fell in love with Lizzie and fell out of love with you." She tells you.

"So all these times you've held me, kissed me, made love to me, in the last 5 months- where they all fake?" You ask.

Scarlett looks down for a moment. "I still care about you, Y/NN, that didn't change and never will. You're my best friend."

You sob behind your hand, begging her not to leave you.

"I'll stay at a hotel until you move out. I'll pay for an apartment or a house, I don't mind which one." She says.

"Please, Scar, don't go." You beg and look up at her through your tears.

She kneels down in front of you where you're sat on the couch. "I'm sorry, Babygirl, I never ever meant to hurt you like this." She whispers and wipes your tears away.

You whimper in pain, lunging forward to hug her tightly. Scarlett sighs sadly and wraps her arms around you softly, her heart throbbing every time you sob against her neck.

After a few minutes, Scarlett pulls you away from her body.

"Pick a lawyer and I'll pay their fees, whatever they are." She says. "I have to go."

"No, please." You cry. "Don't leave, you're all I have left."

"Bye, Babygirl." She says and kisses your forehead.

And then, she's gone.

—————————

"I'm gonna grab some coffee, just text me when you're done, ok?" Florence says as she stops outside the courthouse.

"Ok." You say with a small smile.

"Hey, be strong."

"No, I'm fine, Flo." You reassure.

Florence sighs, she knows you're lying but she doesn't want to push it. "Ok. I'll see you in a bit, darling."

You give her a smile before climbing out of the car and making your way into the courthouse.

"Hey, Y/N, how are you doing?" Your lawyer, Julie, asks.

"I just wanna get this over with." You tell her. "Are they ready?"

She nods and guides you to the room where your soon to be ex wife and her lawyer are sat.

"Good morning, Y/N." He greets kindly.

"Morning." You say politely and sit opposite Scarlett, ignoring her attempts at eye contact.

"So, I'm sure we all want to be somewhere else so let's get this over with." Julie says and takes the papers out. "We're here to finalise the divorce between Scarlett Johansson and Y/N Y/L/N."