Guard puppy- Yelena

Little!Yelena again :)

You sigh in relief as you run out of the hydra base to see Yelena waiting for you.

"Are you okay?" She asks worriedly, standing a few meters away from you.

"I'm okay, Lena." You reassure with a smile.

You look behind Yelena to see a guard pointing a gun at her from distance. Your eyes widen and you take off running towards her, as the gunshot sounds. Yelena, confused, frowns but yelps when you shove her to the ground, the bullet hitting you in the stomach.

Another gunshot sounds and you hear the man grunt as he falls to the ground. Yelena screams and falls down beside you, her eyes wide and panicked.

You struggle to breathe but you can see Yelena slipping so you hold on.

"M-Mommy." She whimpers and tears cascade down her cheeks.

"I'm okay, sweet girl." You reply hoarsely.

"Mommy, you're bleeding!" She cries.

"Cap, we need to get out of here." You say through your earpiece. "I've been shot and Yelena's dropped."

"Coming." He replies and starts running towards the two of you.

Yelena hears footsteps rushing towards them which makes her panic and protectively cover your body with hers.

"Don't touch my Mommy!" Yelena shouts, her chin wobbling.

"It's okay, Lena, I'm going to help her back to the jet so we can get her home." Steve reassures.

Yelena shakes her head. "No! She's b'eeding."

"I know, sweet, so let me help her." Steve says softly.

"It's okay, Princess." You croak out. "He won't hurt me."

Yelena hesitates before slowly retracting her body from yours. Steve quickly picks you up, and thanks to his super strength, he also grabs Yelena's hand and guides her back to the jet.

"Is Mommy gonna die?" Yelena asks through her tears.

"I'm okay, baby." You whisper and bite back your groan when Steve sets you down on the gurney in the jet.

"Yelena, I have a big girl job for you to do. Are you up for it?" Steve asks. Yelena nods nervously. "Ok, I need you to come over here and press down on Mommy's wound as hard as you can. Can you do that?"

"But it hurt her." Yelena pouts.

"No, it will help her." Steve assures. "Come on."

Yelena wobbles over to him and lets him hide her hands to your bleeding stomach. Yelena leans down with all her weight, looking up at Steve.

"That's it. We'll be home shortly, just keep pressure on the wound, ok?" He asks.

Yelena nods so he rushes to the seat and takes of flying.

"Don't die, Mommy." Yelena begs fearfully.

You, with the little energy you have left, lift your hand up to cup her cheek. "I'm not going anywhere, sweet girl."

"Keep talking to her, Yelena, make sure she stays awake." Steve calls from the cockpit.

Yelena whimpers but continues to talk to you, reciting a bed time story that you tell her every night because she loves it so much- the gingerbread man.

You croakily join in on some parts with a weak smile, holding onto her wrist gently as she holds down on your stomach. Tears are falling down her cheeks repeatedly as she mumbles the words to you over and over again, until they finally land.