Move out- YeleNat

A/N updates will be slower and less frequent bc I'm working on a new book. Spoiler- it's a hizzie imagines book :)

The snap doesn't happen in this

"Little one, can we talk?" Natasha asks as she peeps her head into Yelena's room.

"Sure." Yelena nods and shuffles on her bed, patting an empty spot and scooping Fanny onto her lap.

Natasha comes into the room and takes a seat on Yelena's bed, reaching out to stroke Fanny's head for a moment.

"What's up?" Yelena asks curiously.

Natasha sighs deeply. "This is hard for me to say."

"Take your time, sestra." Yelena encourages kindly.

Yelena has been free from the red room for almost a of couple years now. Natasha took her in, invited her into her home and let her stay. They grew inseparable, joined at the hip. Then Natasha started to date, and Yelena got pushed aside.

Over the last year, Natasha has been dating Steve. Yelena doesn't hate Steve, she wants her sister to be happy, but she just doesn't like how he treats her. As in Yelena. He thinks that she holds Natasha back, but of course Yelena never told Natasha he said that to her, because Yelena knew she would dump him, so she kept quiet and she takes the judgmental looks she gets whenever she curls up onto Natasha's lap.

Natasha sighs again and looks down at her lap briefly. "I asked Steve to move in with me."

Ouch.

"Oh." Yelena frowns. "O-Ok."

"And since he lives at the compound, he's gonna move in here." Natasha continues.

"You didn't think to ask me first?" Yelena asks, hurt.

"That's the problem, little one. Steve doesn't want to live here with you." Natasha sighs.

Yelena frowns confusedly for a moment before realisation hits her. "Y-You want me to move out?"

"I tried to convince him, but-"

"No, no I get it." Yelena cuts her off, throwing her walls up. "You want a life and I'm in your way. It's fine."

"That's not what I said, Lena." Natasha shakes her head. "I love having you here. It helps me remember that I found you again, that I have you in my life. But, you're also almost 29 now, you should have your own place, your own life."

Yelena blinks away her tears but Fanny can sense her sadness and stands up on her back legs to lick Yelena's cheeks. Yelena gently pushes her away.

"If you really didn't want me here, you should of just said." Yelena whispers.

"Don't be like that, Yelena. I love you, you mean everything to me, but Steve-"

"He's your boyfriend. Boyfriend trumps adopted sister. Got it." Yelena nods. "I'll be out of your hair by the end of the week."

Natasha looks at her sadly. "I'll still see you everyday, I just-"

"I want to be alone." Yelena cuts her off, her accent thicker than usual.

"Little one..."

"Please, Natasha. Get out." She begs softly and turns on her side, her back to Natasha.

Natasha sighs but respects her sisters wishes and leaves the room.

Yelena bites her lip to keep her sobs muffled as she pulls out her phone.

To Kate🍕🏹: Fanny and I need a place to stay for a while

It isn't long before she gets a reply.