Steve dealing with his cussing boyfriend

Steve and the rest of the Avengers are currently in a meeting in the conference room, all except Y/N. Steve is sitting in the middle of the table.

"Why do you call this meeting?" Natasha asks. "We discussed last case yesterday."

"And were missing your boyfriend, Stevie." Tony points out. "Wait! Are you not a couple anymore? Bummer, guess he is single now..."

Steve glares at Tony. "We aren't broken up." He says in spite.

"Oh," Tony says in disappointment. "But never say never." He mutters to himself.

"I want to discuss about Y/N behavior." Steve ignores Tony. "Last meeting, he yelled the F-word 17 times. That's sickening!"

Everybody looks surprise at Steve. "Why are you complaining?" Tony asks.

"He swears a ridiculous number of times. I don't condole this behavior and I want to change it." Steve says.

"That's true." Bruce adds. "Last Monday..."

*Flashback*

A door near Tony's and Bruce's lab slams the door. Bruce, who sits by his desk, hears this and looks where it came from, but he doesn't see the person who slammed it. He goes back to his work and a few seconds later Y/N walks by Bruce.

"Don't slam that door." Bruce orders.

"Don't tell me what I fucking should do." Y/N says casually.

*End of flashback*

"Yeah, this kind of happened with me too." Clint agrees.

The rest of the Avengers agrees too. Steve sighs. "Well, I think all of us agrees to change Y/N behavior." Tony opens his mouth, but Steve quickly shut him up. "Most of us."

"Well, what are we going to do about it?" Thor asks.

-

"Y/N, can you come here for a second?" Steve calls for his boyfriend.

Y/N come towards Steve, and he stands in front of him. "Is there something you want to talk about?"

"Yes, see this jar?" Steve asks. He picks up a jar next to him and show it to Y/N. "This is a swearing jar. I want you to put a dollar in it when you swear." Steve explains. "You understand?"

Y/N gives a unfaced look. "You know how much money we earn in this job?" He responds back. Steve looks surprise by the fact that he didn't realize that, and Y/N notices that. "You're such a dumbass." He says with a chuckle. He takes out his wallet and takes out a dollar. He puts it in the jar and walks away, and all what Steve could do is watching Y/N go.

-

Steve and Y/N is about to go to bed, so both men are in their sleeping attire. Steve is lying in bed while Y/N is almost done with brushing is teeth. After Y/N is done, he come out of the bathroom and go to his and Steve bedroom. Steve looks over to his boyfriend as Y/N goes to the bed.

"Y/N, I need to talk to you." Steve says with a stern voice.

"Can you wait till tomorrow? I want to sleep." Y/N says with a sigh.

"I prefer to talk about it now, since it only takes a minute." Steve responds back. "I want you to stop swearing. You keep saying the F-word, and other swear words. This is not how a grown man should act. I know sometimes the words can come out in the moment, but I appreciate if you could at least try. Can you do that Y/N?" Steve realized in this moment that his partner is vast asleep next to him. Steve sighs. "I try tomorrow." He closes his eyes and lay down.

After some seconds, Y/N realizes that Steve is asleep. 'Thank god that works.' He thinks to himself.

-

During the week, Steve didn't get the chance to talk to Y/N about his behavior. But Y/N did have a chance to cuss, multiple times, and so he did. Everybody saw Steve patience beginning to run out, and the only one who said anything about it is Tony, and he just tease Steve about it. Most of Y/N swearing is during mission, but it also in the towers, for example, during dinner...

"Dinner is served!" Steve says in excitement.

Everybody smiles as Steve gives them their dinner. Steve sits down and everybody digs in, Y/N yelps. "Oh fuck, that's hot."

Steve sighs and continue to eat. Everything went fine and well, till Pietro, who sits next to him, begins to troll Y/N by throwing small pieces of food. Y/N glares at him and after a while Y/N grows tired and decide to strike back. "Fuck off Pietro, you are a fucking cunt." Y/N says in spite. He then throws back small pieces back.

Pietro looks surprise at Y/N and smiles. "Oh, it's on!"

And for the rest of dinner, Y/N and Pietro had a food fight, and Thor and Tony joins too. The rest of the Avengers decided to eat elsewhere. Meanwhile Steve is disappointed at Y/N.

But today Steve has enough, and he made sure Y/N gets the message. Steve invited Y/N to one of the meeting rooms and is ready to talk to him.

"You know why I want to talk to you. You KEEP swearing and I want you to stop that." Steve says tiredly.

Y/N groans and rolls his eyes. "Why do you care? They are only words. You value them ridiculously high, even though they are just words, and it's not like I say something racist or something."

"But those words can hurt people." Steve responds back.

"But they swear too! Everybody swears! The only person that doesn't swear is you! Yet you give me all the crap about it! This isn't the 40s, people change and their values, so stop be a grandpa and let me express myself the way I am!" Y/N yells and looks irritated at his boyfriend.

Steve looks surprise at Y/N. Steve stays quite for a few seconds but speak after a second or two. "Am I really bothering you about it?"

"Honestly, yeah. I love you Steve, but you need to stop being annoying." Y/N says in annoyance.

Steve sighs. "I'm sorry, it wasn't my intension to be such a burden."

Y/N looks at Steve in sympathy. "It's okay, tell you what, I'm going try cursing less if it makes you happy."

Steve looks Y/N in the eyes. "You want to do that?"

"Yeah, but I said that I'm going to swear less, not stopping." Y/N reminds Steve.

Steve smiles. "I can live with that."