Bucky & His Husband helping their mutant son

Requested by @Theofficialshipper1. I hope you enjoy it!

Just when they thought being a parent was hard enough, they were completely oblivious what comes in their future. It started all fine, with both men adopting a baby and doing regular things for once in their life. Two years later, their child gets kidnapped by HYDRA. Of course, the couple, with help of the Avengers, rescued their child and got home. But before doing so, they wanted to make sure HYDRA didn't screw up their child. Once they get their toddler to the best doctors of SHIELD, that's when they heard the news.

"We detected that Jamie has the mutant gene. According to the medical records, he didn't had it before. We suspect this is HYDRA's doing."

Ever since that day, Bucky and his husband know raising their child just became a bit harder. Even if they know the child got power, they don't know when it awakens and what kind of powers it is. The latter worries the couple a lot. It could something simple, as super strength or elemental powers. Or it could be dreadful, such as being a human bomb.

It takes a couple of days for the couple to accept the reality. With no kind of cure, they know they have to raise their child alongside his powers. To assure nothing bad will happen, they check up with the doctors every month.

As the years pass, the fathers wonder if this could be the year their child unlock his powers. When he's 10, it still doesn't happen, so the fathers told the truth about his potential and if Jamie notices something wrong, he should get to his fathers in an instant. Several other years has passed, and Jamie is 15. The couple are surprised nothing major happened, but know the clock is ticking.

One day, and Y/N received a call from the school that it's on fire, however his son managed to get out. Quickly, he gets in the car and drive to the high school to see the entire building black, as police and the fireman are investigating the cause and the paramedic saving those who fell victim. At the side, many people are watching what happened, except Jamie, who's standing at the side, looking upset. Y/N is quick to run to his son.

"Everything alright?" Jamie remains quiet as he avoids looking at his father. Y/N then put an arm around him. "It's going to be alright. Let the firemen and paramedic help your friends. Let's get you home and get some rest."

Quietly, they walk back to the car. Jamie sits beside his father, who starts the car. Right before he drives away, the teenager admits something. "...I did it." Y/N looks back at him, getting off caught. "I caused the fire."

Y/N first thought something was wrong with his son, only to quickly realized what he's talking about. "Let's get your father. We figure out what to do."

-

They get back to their house, which is in the middle of a meadow, similarly to Clint's house. Inside of the living room, the son is being comforted by Y/N, while Bucky is worriedly walking in circles, stressing about the situation.

"...A-And then he punched me in the face." Jamie looks horrified as he tells his fathers what happened. "And I was just done with him making fun of me... a-and since we were alone... I-I thought I could fight back. I didn't mean to..."

Bucky crouches down in front of him. "It's an accident. We get it."

"I killed him...!" Jamie sobs. "I don't even know who else I killed...!"

Both fathers don't know what to say. Even thinking this situation could happen, they never thought how to best handle these kind of situation.

That's when Y/N speaks up. "We knew this day could happen, but we didn't knew how exactly how it happens. Still, we know whatever happens, we help you out and help you control your powers."