Clint getting a divorce Final part

It's a year later. Clint never heard from Y/N. When Y/N didn't came to work about a week, he asked the higher ups where Y/N is, only to get an answer that he moved to another SHIELD location, which greatly saddens Clint. After some attempts to contact Y/N, he decided to let it go.

When Clint and Laura decided to get a divorce, within a few months, it has been settled. The children of them of course where upset about the divorce. Now, a year later, although not completely fine, they accepted it. Clint was fine to let his ex-wife and his children to live in the farm since he's barely home. For now, he lives in apartment and several hotels to sleep over.

Clint is currently in a meeting with the rest of the Avengers, where Fury is going to make a new announcement. Sitting in the conference room, the team await to hear Fury out.

"Is there a problem we should be aware about?" Tony speaks up.

"No. Not every time I visit there is a problem Stark." Fury responds coldly.

"So, you got good news?" Bruce asks.

"Unless you want the Avengers to consist of six people, it is good news." Fury comments.

Everybody looks intrigued. "We're getting a new teammate?" Steve asks.

"Exactly." Fury looks at the door. "Come in!" With a sign, the new Avenger walks in the room. A man Clint instantly recognizes. "This is Y/N L/N, also one of my top employees alongside Romanoff and Barton. Within a year, he climbed to the top and succeeded. You all better use him well." Fury orders.

With that, it is the end of the meeting. Everybody that isn't Clint and Natasha doesn't know the Y/N and introduces their self.

"Y/N L/N." Y/N greets Tony with a determent face while giving a handshake.

"You know me already, but I'm Tony Stark. It is time we get a new teammate, especially someone that looks good." Tony smiles charmly and gives a wink to Y/N.

Clint sighs at Tony's introduction. Y/N merely ignores him, and move forward to the next person, who is Clint. Although Y/N hides his current feelings, he can't help but feel nervous. "Barton." He tries to come over professional.

Clint feels hurt, thinking Y/N is still upset at him. "Y/N..." He says a little quietly.

-

After the meeting, everybody went to their own way. After thinking things over, Clint decided to talk to Y/N, wanting to get answers and clear everything up. He asked JARVIS where Y/N is, and apparently, he's at the training ground. He goes there and sees Y/N throwing knifes, honing his skills. Clint walks towards Y/N.

"Y/N?"

The new Avenger look back at Clint. The archer notices Y/N's guard lowered. He stops throwing knifes. "Clint."

Clint stands in front of Y/N. "I never thought I will see you again."

"Last year, I got a mission with great difficulty. Other agents didn't had the chance to complete the job, however I did. Fury saw potential in me and tested it. Eventually, Fury requested me to join the Avengers, and so I did." Y/N answers, however still feeling nervous.

Clint hums. "Congratulations." Y/N hums. There was a silence which Clint wants to break. "I'm sorry Y/N for what I did. I-"

Y/N looks up at Clint. "You didn't do anything wrong." Clint looks surprised. "I overreacted and freaked out... afterwards, I didn't even had the guts to call you."