Having an crush on Scott Summers as a student

Although being new to the job, Scott fits right in being a teacher. Since he graduated, he already knows the experience being a student in the Xavier Institute, knowing the good and bad parts of it. And for whatever reason, the transition being a student and teacher went really smooth. With that, he intends to better to school. What he did find odd is teaching a class which he knew very well, since it was his under classmates. So Scott needed the students to view him as a teacher and not the cool upper classmate which they can come to when they get minor troubles. Luckily for him, most of the students respect that, and those who don't aren't bothering him. However there is one student who views him still the same...

The first time Scott notices it was after class. He just dismissed the class for the day. Still, he's happy to help out students who still got questions. One of those students is Y/N, who walk up to his desk.

"Everything going well, Y/N?"

"Kinda. Geometry isn't my strong suit."

"Well, if you get any questions, feel free to ask." Scott gives a nice smile to the 17-year-old.

"I got a lot of them. I can ask them, but it will probably take a lot of your time." He looks on his phone to check the time. "And I get to get to my next class within 15 minutes."

Scott hums. He doesn't want to just answer his questions, but also explain. He wants Y/N to know the subject, not remember. He takes a quick look in his agenda to see if he got some time.

"Tomorrow at 8 PM. Come to my room."

Y/N smiles gratefully. "Great. Thanks a lot Scott."

"Summers."

"Summers." Y/N corrects himself. He's prepared to walk out of the room after muttering one last thing. "I can't believe he invited me to his room."

-

One day and hours later, and the clock ticks 8 PM. Of course, Y/N is right on time, knocking on his teacher's door. Once he opened, both men smile.

"Glad you're on time." Scott opens the door. "Get in."

Y/N walks in, his books in his arms. The professor gestures him to sit down at his desk. The student did, meanwhile, Scott grabs a chair and put it next to Y/N's. And so, the study night began. Scott is happily explaining about the subject, making sure every question Y/N has is explained properly. There is one thing that Scott notices, and that Y/N continues to refer him as Scott and not as sir or his last name. To be honest, Scott didn't mind it much, but rules are rules.

"Thanks man. I think I get it."

"You're welcome. But lay off with calling me man and dude." Scott adds. "I know it's odd, thinking me as a teacher."

Y/N chuckles. "Sorry. I still view you as that cool and cute upper classmate I only could talk to during parties."

"Cute?" Scott curses himself once he repeats that, knowing there is going to be one awkward conversation revolving it.

Y/N blushes. "Sorry. I didn't meant that to come out."

Though awkward, Scott intends to remedy the situation. After all, setting boundaries is important. "It's alright. Like I said, you're not used to this. And I know this is going to sadden you, but we can't be together."

Y/N face saddens a bit, making Scott feel guilty. "Okay..." Scott tries to think of something to reassure him. During which, Y/N's face stop looking sad. "And that is because you're my teacher, right?"