Scott Summers and his 'closely' best friend

Everybody knows that Y/N and Scott are best friends. They spent a lot of times together. This even increase since they both share a room in the institute since the school has a lot of students.

It's in the morning. Y/N and Scott are having breakfast together. "I have to tell her. I have been holding this too long."

"Then tell her Scott. I'm sure Jean feels the same way."

The last few months, Scott develops feelings for his fellow X-Men member, Jean Grey. Scott didn't want to confess it at first, but he is done with keeping it to himself. "I talk to her later about it. Any advice?"

"Probably ask her out on a date than confess your love. Try to play it say, Y'know?" Y/N smiles while explains.

Scott smiles at his best friend. "Thank you."

-

Later that day, Scott and Jean are alone together in the dining area. The rest of the X-Men are either giving class to the students or are spending their free time.

"Uhm... Jean, mind if I ask you something?" Scott speaks up.

"Mm?" Jean looks up to her friend. "You can ask me anything."

"Well, I have been thinking..." Scott gulps from about he's going to ask. "D-do you want to go out... on date... with me?"

Jean looks surprise at Scott. "Y-yeah, sure! We can tomorrow."

Scott smiles. "Great."

-

It's two days later, Jean and Storm are outside in the garden of the school. Both of them are sitting on a bench, appreciating the quietness when there are no mutants running around and accidently using their power.

"I heard from a birdie you had a date yesterday." Storm start the conversation.

Jean chuckles. "Who told you that?"

"Secret." Storm smiles. "Now tell me how it went."

"Well... it wasn't bad." She answers unsurely.

"Oh no." Storm responds. "Why would you say that?"

"Well, we went to a restaurant together. Nothing too fancy, but not too casual. It went well, but I did notice something about Scott." Jean explains. "He talks about Y/N a lot." Storm looks surprise and intrigued by that. "Like, every time he begins telling a story, Y/N is always mentioned one way or the other. Not only that, Scott praises Y/N a lot, even the little things about him."

"Do you think Scott might have something on Y/N?" Storm asks.

"I honestly think so, but when I went to his mind, he doesn't seem to be interested that way." Jean argues.

-

It's a few days later, Jean walks in the kitchen, wanting to grab something to drink. However, when she walks in, she couldn't believe her eyes when Scott and Y/N are baking muffins like a typical lovely dovely couple.

"We need to put some chocolate sprinkles in it." Y/N suggests.

Scott grabs it and gives it to Y/N. "Here you go." He gives him a smile.

"Thank you." Y/N puts the sprinkles on the work-in-progress muffins. "Did you know it's said chocolate contains a substance that inflames desire and make the beloved one more open to romance?" He says way to casually, not indicating anything romantic.