Warren's new flying buddy

Y/N is up to the sky in the clouds, using his gravitation mutation to do so. He looks down and see a small city beneath him, the one he lives in. "Please don't let me drop. Please don't let me drop." He prays to himself. This was the first time he's up in the clouds. Normally he's around the ground, up most a few feet up. He begins to feel nervous. Suddenly, a harsh wind hits Y/N and he loses his concertation, making the man fall from the sky. "Oh shit, oh shit, I don't want to die! I don't want to die!"

Y/N closes his eyes when he suddenly stops fallen. It takes a few seconds to open up. He sees he's in the hands of a man with wings. He looks up to him, seeing a blonde man. "Are you alright?"

"Yes, I guess." Y/N responds. "Are you a mutant?"

"Yes." Angel responds. He looks at Y/N. "I saw you fly in the sky, and I had a feeling you were going to fall. Please be more careful next time."

"I'm sorry. I just want to further test my powers, but I'm not the best at it." Y/N admits.

"Not the best, huh?" Angel looks back at the sky. "I know a friend you can go to. He's helping mutants to develop their gifts. Are you interesting in it?"

Y/N looks intrigued at his savior, wanting to know more. "Yes, that would be nice."

Angel hums and makes a U-turn. "I will bring you there. Charles Xavier, the man I'm speaking of, has a school for us mutant. You can also live there. If you decide to live there, we could see each other again." The blonde man smiles while explaining. "I'm Warren. I'm know around the city as a guardian angel."

The man in his arms smiles. "I'm Y/N."

-

When Warren and Y/N arrive at the institute. They go to Charles and when they arrive to him, Charles happily accepts Y/N as one of his students, even though he's above 18. Y/N also join some classes where they teach controlling people's mutation. Y/N got a room for his own. He even got a balcony.

Moving on a week later, Y/N is on the balcony, looking over the garden where some of the students are playing and hanging around. Warren is in the sky. He sees his friend on the balcony and fly towards him. "Hello Y/N. You seem well."

Y/N smiles. "Hey Warren. The professor and the other teaches are helping me to control my powers. This place also is the best. I never knew there were so many different kinds of mutants here."

"I'm glad you like it." Warren sits on the fence of the balcony. "Can you showcase your powers? I'm interested to see what you can do."

"Alright." Y/N grabs the fence and jumps over it. He quickly uses his powers to levitate. He turns around with a smile on his face. "I learned this before I joined, but now I'm more confident about it."

Warren jumps off and flies next to Y/N. "I can see your confidant in your face. How about we fly together? I can use a buddy to fly with."

Y/N smile drops and becomes unsure. "I'm not sure I can do that."

"C'mon, it will be fun." Warren smiles. "If anything, bad happens, I will save you."

Y/N thinks a few seconds. "...Alright then."

"Thank you. Shall we go?" Warren offers his hands to Y/N. Y/N smiles and accept the hand. They begin to fly away. Though Y/N is nervous, he's happy his friend is here if anything bad will happens. "We're almost above the clouds. You ready?" Warren looks towards Y/N.

Y/N let out short nod. "I guess I will try."

"Try to be more confident Y/N. I believe you can do it." Warren smiles. He returns back towards the sky. They arrive in the clouds. Both men feel the water hitting against their faces and bodies. After pushing through, they are above the sky. They stop moving around and look around. "We arrive! Look how much sun there is behind the clouds."

Y/N smiles. "I did it. I did it! I'm above the sky!" He feels so much more confident. He stops holding Warren's hand and levitate around the place.

Warren looks at his friend, moving around. "Careful Y/N. Try to stay around me."

Y/N doesn't even hear Warren and move around excitedly. "This is the best!" He turns around to Warren, who flies a few feet away. "I'm going to do a trick!" He tries a barrel roll but fails and he loses control of his power. Quickly he falls towards the ground.

"Y/N!" Warren swiftly moves towards Y/N. He moves through the clouds to see Y/N falling. Warren fly towards Y/N and catches him. "Got you. I told you to be careful."

"I'm sorry." Y/N apologize. Warren tightly holds Y/N in his arms. "I thought I could control my power, but I guess you need to learn more about my powers."

Warren smiles. "Don't worry about it. Just don't try anything risky when I'm not around."

Y/N smiles. "Will do."

Warren flies back towards the institute with Y/N in his arms. They arrive back without any trouble. He lands at the front door. Warren puts Y/N on the ground. "We're back, all safe."

"Thank you for convincing me to fly with you. It was fun, despite falling again." Y/N smiles.

"Of course. I have to go back to the city, saving people and such, but we see each other soon." Warren says.

"Alright. I wish you good luck." Y/N responds.

Warren turns back and readies his wings. "Thank you. See you soon!" He takes off and flies away.

-

Warren flies around the city, searching for Y/N, who disappeared from the institute. "Where are you Y/N!?" He looks around. After searching around 10 minutes with stress and worry, he found Y/N on a skyscraper. Warren quickly flies towards Y/N. "Y/N! Are you alright? The professor was worried about you when you didn't show up to class."

Warren sits next to Y/N. Both of their legs are dangling of the roof. Y/N looks Warren in the eyes. "I'm sorry. I didn't want you all to be worried. I just want to come here."

"By yourself? What if you lose control? What if you get hurt, or worse!?" Warren looks at Y/N with worry.

"I'm sorry." Y/N apologizes again. "I wanted to see you. I thought maybe if I go here, I can see you." He smiles.

Warren looks curious at Y/N. "You wanted to see me? Why?"

Y/N looks back at the city. "Remember when you told me you catch me if I fall."

"Yes, why?" Warren asks.

"Catch me." Y/N grins. He jumps of the building.

Warren looks surprised at Y/N. He quickly uses his wings and fly towards Y/N to catch him. "Y/N, what hell are you thinking!?"

Y/N chuckles. "Sorry. I was just teasing. I didn't mean to scare you."

"Yet you did." Warren responds.

"Warren, tell me, do you like holding me?" Y/N asks.

"Huh?" Warren blushes. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Y/N smiles. He moves his head towards Warren and kisses him. Y/N eyes are closed while Warren's are open, being surprised by Y/N's sudden action, but he soon closes his eyes as well, enjoying the moment. After 5 seconds, they stop kissing. Warren blushes. He smirks and let out a chuckle. "You sure are full of surprises."

"I hope you like it." Y/N responds with a smile. "Was it worth the scare?"

"Yes, but don't do that again." Warren responds, somewhat trying to be sternly. "How about we get to a restaurant? I pay."

Y/N hums. "Only if you fly us there."