Chapter 3

Piper's POV

DREAM

"So your dads house is at California?"

I nodded.

He sighed.

"Why?"

"I think we need to pay Annabeth's dad a visit...."

"Oh." I looked down. "Oh."

We sat there in silence. Percy drove, and I sat in the back.

We decided to go by camp's van. Because Percy didn't like planes, and I thought it would make me think of Jason.

Jason.

I missed him so much it hurt already. Maybe it would be really good to spend some time with dad.

"Can you surf?"

He glanced at me. "Why?"

"My dad and I used to surf together."

"I can."

Our conversation ended. I stared at his arm, which was bandaged. His chest looked a little bulky because of the bandages underneath. His eyes were dimmed, and somewhat hard. He didn't really seem like the Percy I knew all along. I remembered me thinking about how scary Percy could get if he wanted to. Everything was fuzzy, but I remembered him killing Gaea.

I understood why Annabeth was slightly scared of him after Tartarus.

I shook my head and crossed my arms and tried to sleep. There was nothing to do, and it was a long trip. I closed my eyes and somehow went to sleep.

"Piper."

I blinked and woke up, rubbing my eyes.

"We're at Annabeth's dad's house."

I stretched. "Already?"

He nodded. He glanced at the house a little nervously.

I went out of the van, and Percy followed me out. I went to the house and rang the doorbell. A Asian woman opened the door and peeked out at us.

"Percy?"

"Hello Mrs.Chase."

She nodded. "And..."

"Uh- I'm Annabeth's friend, Piper."

"Come in." She said.

I went into the house and I saw two little boys fighting over Lego's.

"Matthew, Bobby. Be quiet."

"But mommy-"

"Bobby-"

"Matthew-"

"Stole my Lego's!" they said together, pointing at each other.

"Be quiet boys and don't fight." She said sharply.

She turned to me. "What are you two here for?"

"We came to talk to Annabeth's dad."

"Frederick!" she called.

A man with crazy blond hair and and an old fashioned aviator's goggles on came down stairs. He saw Percy.

"Oh..." he took of his goggles and his intense brown eyes looked at him. "Something happened?"

He looked down and he fiddled his fingers. Annabeth's step mom looked concerned.

"Go up to the study. You can talk there."

♬♬

The study was pretty cool. I would admit that. But my mind was on how he would react. Percy wouldn't meet Mr.Chase's eyes.