Chapter 35

Victor's POV

Omega didn't look so good the next day.

He was staring at the borders blankly, stirring his food. Leo glanced at him sometimes, and he looked pretty guilty. He was shaken up by the last dare about his mask. Everyone left the room after he left, but didn't say anything to Leo. I sighed.
"Hey."
Michael's bright blue eyes looked towards mine. I regarded him.
"Why?"
"Is Omega okay?"
"How would I know?" I snapped. "Maybe you can just go and ask him."
A little offended at my sharpness, he shrugged. "Fine."
He went over to Omega, and tapped him on the shoulder. Omega turned to look at him, and greeted him with a weary smile. Michael asked something, and he shook his head. Michael looked happy all over again. Omega forced a smile as he walked away.
"He says he's fine."
I scowled. "Would he say that he isn't? He's your Commander!"
Michael scratched the back of his neck. "So he isn't?"
I glanced at Omega. "I'll tell you later. You should get going."
He went to the infirmary, and I went to Omega.
"Hey."
"Hi Victor."
I sat down next to him.
"So."
He looked at me without turning his head. "So."
I scanned him. "When did you use your powers?"
He flinched at my words. " I just teleported."
I stared at his hand, which was bandaged all the way to his wrist. It was hidden under his cloak.
"Take off your cloak."
"What?"
I glared at him.
He glimsped at the others. He rolled up his sleeve and showed me his completely bandaged arm.
"It's just from Tartarus." he explained.
I sighed and stood up, but I had a nagging suspicion that he was lying.

But really, where could he get it?

I went to the infirmary, to help Will with his work. I felt bad for leaving Omega alone, but I knew he would hang out witht the seven, which also made me feel sad. I used to be his only friend, but now he had started loving other people, liking people, and started opening up. It was good, but I couldn't help feeling bad about that. I shook my head.

He needed Annabeth.

I couldn't help him anyway. His dreams were Annabeth's to handle. I was getting old. It would be nice to have him as my last soldier I ever took care of. The longest one. For a little over 1000 years. They all had died before that. I mentally gave myself a pat on the back.

Wow! You kept a son of Posiedon alive for 1000 years! You get a cookie!

I smiled a little and looked out the window.

It was time to face Alathea anyway.

~

Omega's POV

Touching the borders, I felt tingles go up my arm.

I used my other arm, afraid if I used the other, it would burn to ashes. I saw some of the red dissapear, and some of the red drops dissapeared. My arm stopped burning, but it was already up to my shoulder. I hid into the trees and poured nectar on my arm. I winced as it stung. It didn't help much, but atleast it made it better. I remembered when I couldn't even let anything touch it, even the bandages. I went to my cabin and wrapped it up. I flinched.

Something felt wrong.

Very.

And that was before I heard the screaming.

~

Running outside.

My heart pounded. A wave of monsters pushed us in, way to much for us to kill. The borders didn't seem to bother them.

I needed to clean them out.

"Out of the borders!" I yelled."Everyone out!"
"We can't get out without dying!" Katie yelled over the Chaos.
I cursed. This was the plan. To kill all of us like this. The campers were getting engaged in a fight. I ran towards the borders, pushing past demigods.

I needed to do this all.

I pressed my hand onto the borders, and I felt it burn- the hot feeling that made my hand feel cold. The borders turned blue. Every drop of red was expelled from it. I took my hand away and pressed it to my chest.

But it wasn't there.

Everyone poured out of the now shimmering borders as I made the ones fighting with demigods explode. Everyone ran at Luke's words, and Luke went out last, looking at me once. As soon as they were out, I put a weak wall in front of the cabins, just enough and sent a wall of greek fire at the monsters.

Short chappie... T.T