Chapter 33

Victor's POV

It had been some time he had been resting here.

Omega had become noticably better. Annabeth helped. He was taking a walk along the city with her. There were rumors that they were dating, but I said that they were just friends, and the rumor died down. Dillan was also healing.
He spent most of his time reading. He apparently knew about Omega being Percy. He understood. The Kappa team was being made. Soldiers were being punished by Chaos himself, since Omega could not do it. I heard laughter by my door, and mumbling voices. Laughter ensued the words. More words, and the door creaked open to reveal a smiling Omega. He stepped inside, and slipped his shoes off.
"Annabeth?"
he nodded.
"You feeling okay?"
"Yes. I'm okay."
He was lying, but I let it drop. I gave him a small translucent paper bag that had pills.
"Eat that after lunch. I'll be a bit busy- I have to get training and buy some supplies."
Omega handed me a pouch of drachmas.
"Omega-"
"You'll be using most of it on me anyway."
I sighed and put it in my bag. "what are you going to do?"
he shrugged. "Train?"
"Are you crazy? You're going to train?"
"Gods Victor. If you don't want me to, I wont. What can I do?"
I rubbed my face. "Rest. We'll be going to Earth soon. Maybe tommorow."
He sat down on the couch. "I'm bored."
"Excitment is bad." I agreed, going out. "Make sure you change your bandages."

~~

I took a few rolls of bandages and a box of enchanted ambrosia in the cart.

After training, I hadn't ate lunch and wanted to go rest immediantly, but I needed supplies.

We had a mart at our building, that was open to the people who lived there. It had everything that anyone would need- from tissues to neon signs. The corner for medics had it's own counter, and people needed a special card to buy things. Only medics and soldiers had it, but dangerous things could only be bought by medics, who had a golden card. I turned the corner and looked around for painkillers. He would need a lot of those. I looked at the adverse effects, the ingredents and ended up buying the most expensive things. I sighed. I guess I had to borrow from his pouch. I was thinking about not using his money, but I peeked inside to see the pouch full of thousands of tiny little drachmas. I frowned and pulled one out to see that it was normal. But I had only took out one. He must of put a spell on it. I shrugged and bought some nectar, and unicorn horn. I payed for everything and drifted off to the snack corner and bought some cookies and a pack of food coloring. I also bought a cookie cake. At the counter, I gave out an endless amount of drachmas. There were so many expensive things, and nobody really used this much money, so there were no cards. The cashier stared in wonder at the pouch.

"He had to make it like this." I grumbled, taking out coins. I put everything in a magical bag, and it fit right in. I hauled the bag on my shoulder and rode the bus to our building. The sun was setting already.

I went in and went to Omega's room. He was half asleep. I didn't think he slept that night. I sighed and let him sleep. I took out everything and organized everything. I left the cookies and cookie cake. I opened the box and colored it blue with the food coloring and closed it again, saving it for dessert. I set the cake in the fridge and stared at Omega. His arms were around himself. I put a blanket over him carefully. He flinched as I did. His head dropped, and I knew he was completely asleep, after having lost the fight with the comfortable darkness.

I sighed. "I'm sorry Omega."

~

After I came back, Omega was awake.

It was before dinner. He didn't look like he had an appite, but I dragged him to the mess hall, trying to persuade him to eat something. There was a bruise on his cheek, so he pulled his hood down low. Annabeth wasn't sitting next to him, but with Zoe. Dillan got to sit at the leaders table, and he was reading a book while eating. He sometimes glanced at Omega, and I knew he knew about whatever happened.

He was smart. Somewhat smart.

I didn't like him.

Omega obviously wanted to give him a chance. He didn't want to hurt him, or kill him. I nearly had a heart attack when he let Dillan's dagger go right through his chest.

"You win." he croaked.

Dillan's eyes widened as he fell over. I ran over to him and saw that the dagger did not hit his heart, but it was very close. I mentally face palmed and hauled him up. Even Chaos looked shocked.
"Victor-"
"Lets talk." I said, looking at Dillan. "I don't think he's going to fight fairly."
I teleported to my dorm, hiding my fear and shock.

I shook my head. The cut on his hand and the one on his side were made by cursed daggers. I looked at him, and he put an elbow on the table. He showed it subtly that he knew I was watching. I could see that he didn't like it. I ignored it and examined him, but he shot me a glare and I turned back to my food. I sighed and facepalmed with both hands, and let my head slip down, so that my forehead was in my hands. I threw away the rest of my food and went back to Omega.
"I bought dessert. Bring Annabeth if you want to."
He nodded silently.
I went to my room, and Omega and Annabeth followed in later. Omega was smiling, just for her. They looked at the cake.
"Is it someones birthday?"
"Nah." I streched my legs out. "Just wanted to eat cake."
He sat down on the floor like me and I cut the cookie cake, giving him the one with the most icing. I gave Annabeth one, and I took a small one for myself.
"I think it would be very nice living in the city."
"When we retire, we get to live there."
"When can you retire?"
"When we have worked for atleast 10000 years."
She nodded. "Thats a long time."
Omega laughed. "Victor worked for a gazillion years already and he didn't retire. He's probably the oldest person here besides Chaos."
"Really?" she said. "You look younger than Omega."
"I hear that a lot."
She nodded and we were in a comfortable silence, eating the delicous cookie cake.

This was better than living with Alathea.