Chapter 42

Monster by Imagine Dragons.

I thought this is like Percy before he came to the army, and after Annabeth died. It could also be related to when he was in the Chaos army and he killed all the soldiers in the competition.

Tell me what cha think!

Omega's POV

After a few minutes, but pain had eased and I was able to breathe again.

Victor ordered me to stay at bed, which I couldn't really say anything to.

Cause I felt horrible.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Maybe I would go out to the sea. I wanted to see Posiedon, but when I had went to his palace, the guards stopped me from going in. Maybe he would be here by now. I sighed and sat up with some effort. I wondered if I could walk. I thought about Annabeth. She said she didn't like me. I remembered when I had said that I could change her mind. But she was scared now. I rubbed my face and leaned back. I couldn't blame her. I stepped cautiously out of my bed. I stumbled towards the ocean and breathed in the salty air. I sat down on the sand, praying silently for Posiedon.

He didn't come.

I looked up and saw the clear azure sky. It was a warm summer day. My birthday. Memories of a birthday was faint. I closed my eyes and remembered the last little birthday I had with Victor.

~

I was training on my own.

It was nearly right before the arena closes, which was 9. I wiped my brow and tried to forget what day it was.

August 18th.

My birthday.

The last birthday party I had was a old memory. With Piper. It was a suprise birthday party. I sighed and cleaned up the remains of the dummies and went out of the empty arena. I stepped out the door to see Victor.
Suprised, I stepped back. "I thought you were going to be out late."
He gave me one of his rare Apollo smiles. "It's your birthday, isn't it?"
I tried for a smile, but it didn't work. "Cake?"
"Yup. Choclate."
We walked to his dorm together. When we got there, he opened the cake box carefully and put candles in he chocolate cream. He lit the candles and I watched the wax melt.
"Blow the candles."
I glanced at him. His eyes sparkled at me. I blew out the candles, and leaned back. He cut the cake and gave me a big slice.
"Eat."
"Thanks."
"For what?"
"For everything."
Victor smirked. "Shut up and eat."
I stared at my piece of cake.

Birthday cake.

~

That was a long, long time ago, before I became Commander. Before I started to get more isolated from the world. It felt good soaking in the warm rays of the sun. The water was cold. I thought about the pain curse. I knew that it was some type of liquid that was put on the weapons. I guessed it was the water from he river Acheron. The river of pain. I sighed and stared at the wide ocean. Suddenly, Tartarus was next to me, grinning. I was frozen as he dipped his hand into the sea, making the water around them black, like a oil spill. I watched in horror as the sea turned black and fish floated up to the surface.
this wasn't real.

I shook my head, and everything was normal. I was going crazy now. What do I do? I didn't have a clue. Why couldn't the fates leave me alone? I felt a presence next to me. I smiled a little.
"Do you think the fates are evil?"
There was silence. "Yes. I think they are."
I looked at Nico, who was sitting in the sand along with me.
"You're not exactly the person I wanted to see."
"Nobody wants to be with a son of Hades."
"Atleast I have company."
He snorted. "You call me company."
"Then what do I call you?"
Nico thought about it. "I don't know."
"It's odd to have someone sit next to me and waste their time."
"I was bored."
"Well you're just going die of boredom here."
Nico shrugged. "Do you like the beach?"
"I love it. Calms me down. It's a shame we don't have a real one at our planet."
Nico stared at the waters. "You're like my cousin."
"Percy?"
He scooped up some sand and let it fall between his fingers. "He adored the sea."
"He was a son of Posiedon."
"And you aren't?"
"Wish I was."
Nico raised an eyebrow."Why?"
"Then I wouldn't be so lost. I would have some sturdy ties to the world."
He nodded. "I see."
We sat there in an awkward silence, and Nico stood up and brushed offthe sand off his black clothes.
"Nice talking with you."
I didn't look at him leave the beach. It just made me feel more alone. I stood up carefully and went back to my cabin before anyone could interrogate me again.