Chapter 6

Omega's POV

"Victor- I'm sorry, I'll do everything you tell me to if just let me go on that quest!"

He didn't answer me. I desperately limped after him as fast as I could with crutches.

"Victor-"

"Didn't you understand me?" He turned around. "You aren't going."

I sighed. "I told you-"

"I told YOU." he inturrupted. "You should listen."

"Who told you I have to?" I said.

He looked at me with his blue eyes. "Then don't and get yourself killed."

"Fine. I don't care."

I left, knowing that I couldn't pursuade him.

"Did he let you go?"

I shook my head. "But I'm going."

Annabeth frowned. "You sure?"

"Yes."

she cocked her head. "You two fought."

I looked away.

She sighed. "You should listen to him. Try to cooperate."

"I tried. He doesn't listen."

"Maybe you shouldn't go. You need time to heal." she suggested.

I stood up.

"Hey. Where are you going?"

"I don't know." I said coldly. "Somewhere."

I vapor travelled away to my cabin.

I sighed.

I could feel Tartarus whispering in my brain. It was more clearer today. I held my head, tying to get rid of him. I was having a really bad day.

'You cant protect her.'

My head whipped up.

Tartarus.

I froze as he delicately picked up the pills that Chaos gave me. A choking sound came out, but nothing else. He smiled. The pills spilled on the floor and he stepped on them, crushing them.

"These are useless." he said, his voice seeming to reverbrate in my head. "You can't go on this quest. You can't protect Annabeth." he hissed by my ear. His hand went straight through my shoulder that wasn't hurt. I held back a scream. But I didn't black out in the excruciating pain. I couldn't blink. My eyes started to hurt, but I couldn't close them. They stayed on huis face in fear. As he was standing straight, I moved, very little. I grasped his cloak, a lot like mine.

"I-" I swallowed, only my mouth moving. "I'm not failing." I said shakily. "And you're not allowed here."

he looked into my eyes. After silence, he started to laugh.

"Try your best."

he punched me across the cheek, my mask falling off. but my eyes didn't close. It hurt. A shaky hand went slowly to my cheek, gingerly feeling the forming bruise. Hundreds, millions of sharp invisible things slashed across my chest, just going through my bandages and cutting my clothes and bandages into tiny little pieces. Deep cuts.

he seemed to like poking holes into my body.

his hand went right past my stomach, leaving an even deeper cut on my side. I gasped, trying to get air.

"I'll visit again tonight Perseus." he smiled. "Lets play."

He left me gasping for air, hunched over, finally able to blink.

Blood dripped out of all wounds. My sheets were stained red, and I couldn't do anything. I couldn't breathe. My hand went to my scarred chest, and started to cry.

I didn't know where that came from.

Hiccuping sounds. I tried to not make sounds, making me choke on my sobs. Tears ran freely as I closed my eyes and clenched my teeth, trying not to make a sound.

I felt hands wiping my tears, which just made me cry more. I felt so vunuerable.

The hands were careful around my bruise. They held me close, even if teh blood went on the white gown. I knew the stains would never go out. The hands gave me solace, but I was still choking back sobs.

"Shh..." the hands wiped my eyes. My head slumped over a shoulder. Salty tears fell on it, and it didn't seem to care.

"I'm scared." I sobbed. "I'm scared."

Nothing was said.

"I'm scared. I'm scared. I'm so, so scared." I couldn't say anything else.

"I know." the arms held me tight, while the hand patted my back comfortingly.

"I'm scared Victor."

He wiped my tears again, and held me up straight. He sighed.

"Wait."

He knew nectar wouldn't work. Nearly nothing helped. But he rummaged around in his pocket and put out this jar. I winced as he put it on my cheek, and he noticed the rash on my cheek.

"How did you-" he looked at my expression. "Never mind." he sighed. As he was taking out sonething else, my cheek felt numb and it didn't hurt anymore. But it hurt when I touched it.

"Don't touch."

I was still crying, tears falling like waterfalls, washing off the ointment. He was putting medicine on my chest and shoulder. I clenched my teeth as he poured water on it, cleaning it. Not even the water healed it.

It stung as he poured water on. I flinched as he touched it, putting medicine on it. When he was done, he looked at my face and sighed.

He wiped my tears again, and I started to sob again, quietly.

"I'm scared."

He didn't say anything. Tears dripped off my chin, now going to my chest. Victor got some gauze, and bandaged my whole abdomen covering the healing scars and the ones freashly made. He bandaged my shoulder too, and the tears reduced to sniffing. He gave me my shirt, and I put it on. He put the ointment on my cheek again. It smelled funny. He went to the bathroom and came out, his hands wet.

"Tell me everything. And tell me how that pendent dissapeared."

I looked at his eyes.

Gold?