Chapter 15

Annabeth's POV

I watched Omega toss and turn in his bed. His hair was plastered to his forhead by sweat, and his breathing was irregular. He mumbled something and turned. He seemed worse than yesterday. He grabbed my hand, and I was suprised by how cold it was. His grip was tight. Too tight.
I winced as the grip tightened so that I couldn't slip away. His fingers slowly felt my hand.
"Annabeth." he mumbled.
"Yes?"
he didn't say anything. I struggled in his grip. Thankfully, Victor came then, his blonde hair damp from a shower. He gently pried Omega's fingers from my hand and I slipped my hand away. My fingers were purple and they throbbed.
"Are you okay?"
"Yes. I'm fine."
I saw that Omega was gripping Victor's hand now.
"Doesn't hurt?"
"He always holds my hand." he stared at me. "And yours."
"I'm asking if it hurts."
He looked amused. "Would it? You could think about it yourself. You're smart." He looked at Omega again.
"Omega?" his voice was gentle. "Are you awake?"
His eyes opened. They were clouded and hazy. They were sea green.
Suddenly, I saw Percy in Omega's place. Sick. Full of pain. I froze.
"Percy." I muttered.
Victor tensed. "What?"
"No." I shook my head. "Nothing."
Omega became Omega again. I rubbed my eyes. It was the morning, and I was groggy. It was nothing.
"Annabeth?" Renya poked her head in the room. "Is Omega okay?"
"Not really." Victor replied for me.
"There were a few hellhounds outside. They're tracking us down." she informed.
"I know." Victor said, slightly frustrated. "Just till tommorow."
She sighed. "Lets have breakfast."

I didn't really have an appite.
But I took small bites of the food, while Victor and Nico ate quickly and left their bowls clean. The boys went out to buy some food. Renya ate the last spoonful of her food.
"Not hungry?"
I nodded.
She took my dish and cleared the table. We were in silence.
"Can I IM Theo?"
"Sure. Use the bathroom."
I used the small pendent that I carried around to make a small rainbow. Theo's face showed up in the small screen.
He turned around to see me. He smiled.
"Mom!"
I smiled too. All my worries seemed to melt in his presence. "Are you okay? Nothing happened?"
"There were a few attacks, but nothing more. Only minor injuries. It's quite peaceful actually since Mom went on that quest." he said.
Gears turned in my head. Tartarus had changed his target. To us?
To Omega?
"Mom?"
"Oh. Yeah?"
"Be careful. Its Tartarus who we are facing."
"Of course. You too. I love you."
"Me too mom."
I slashed the mist, disconnecting the IM.
I opened the door and went out, feeling a bit better after seeing Theo.
THUD
My head shot up. Renya looked at the door.
THUD
We went out quickly, and I took out my dagger. The door was ripped opened. I ran in, with Renya right behind me.
Omega.
Horrifing thoughts ran through my head.
No.
No.
No.
Omega had blocked the blow of the sword. The wielder of the sword scowled when we came.
"Kronos." Omega growled.
Kronos?
"Kronos?" Renya blurted.
Omega's eyes were fixed on Kronos. I was frozen. Why Kronos?
He moved fast. Soon, his sword was on my neck, and I was hostage.
"Drop your weapons."
Onega did immidently. Renya looked reculent. The blade pressed closer, and Renya dropped her dagger.
"Stand up."
Omega stood up. He was unsteady, but he was looking into my eyes, saying it would be okay.
"Come here."
He came. Kronos, keeping one arm around my neck, he shackled Omega's hands and feet. Renya could only watch. Omega didn't make any attempt to escape. His eyes were on me.
Omega knew what Kronos was doing.
"Go to Canada." he said with authority. "Don't look for me. Just find the tree and go back to camp. Tell Victor-"
Kronos took the knife off my neck and swirled into dust.
We were still frozen, horrified at what just happened. The dust was as golden as Kronos's eyes. I stared at Renya.
Thats when the boys burst in.
"Why is the door ripped open?" Victor demanded. He looked at the bed. "Wheres Omega?" his voice suddenly getting calm.
Nico seemed to realize. "Oh..." his eyes turned to Victor.
He closed his eyes tight, and took a deep breath. "He got kidnapped." he said in monotone.
Renya nodded slowly.
"Lets leave."
"To where?"
"To Canada." Victor said. "Kronos is expecting us to go look for him, which wastes our time. We need to go. Monsters know we are here."
He started to pack like nothing happened. Renya and I unfroze, and went to the other room to pack. My hand was shaking. What would we do now? I felt like he was gone because of me. We got our bags and met the two boys in the lobby.
We caught a taxi and Nico led the way. He seemed to know exactly where the tree was.
We couldn't find a hotel that day.
Nico seemed to blend into the shadows. I wished I could too.
I wanted to hide.
From the world. From my fears.
From Tartarus.
I shook my head. No. I couldn't hide anymore.
I needed to fight.
Nico held out an arm. He pressed a finger to his lips, and I concentrated, trying to listen.
A growling sound.
I pulled my dagger out slowly. Nico had his sword out too. Victor's eyes scanned the dark town.
Something heavy fell on me. I fell over, and claws ripped through my arm. I stabbed it with my dagger and it howled in pain. I rolled away, holding my scarred arm.
"Hellhound!" Renya cried.
It attacked Nico, which ment that the dog wasn't controlled by Hades. He grappled with the hellhound, and Victor stabbed it in the back, but it didn't die. Instead, it turned on Victor and bit him in the shoulder. Nico stabbed it with his sword, and his sword seemed to suck in the hellhound's essence. It turned into golden dust, and Nico kicked at the dust, scattering it. Victor looked at me.
"Are you okay?"
I stared at my scarred arm. The skin was ripped and bleeding.
"I'm fine. Are you okay?"
His clothes were stained with blood. He pursed his lips.
"I think we should stop for the night."