Chapter 32

Annabeth's POV

"Please don't tell me I have to kill them."

His voice pleaded quietly.

His sword was still sheathed. He let the crowd push him, and he was pushed to the wall. He was tall, so I could see his expression as he was stabbed. He denfended his chest with crossed arms. His expression was pained, but I could see in his eyes that it wasn't in a physical way, but that he was sad that his soldiers were rebelling. Victor threw off a few soldiers. Zoe and some other soldiers did the same, trying to get to Omega.

Omega didn't want to harm them.

He was a gentle soul- he wouldn't want to hurt a fly. He just wanted to protect his family. His eyes turned to me.

What should I do?

His eyes asked me desperately.

Help me.

"Stop."

Everyone froze. Chaos stepped in, with all his black authority. He stared at Omega, and soldiers stepped away from him. Omega uncrossed his bloody arms, and I could see what the soldiers made of him. He bowed to Chaos with nearly no effort at all, as if he wasn't hurt. He calmly set himself free from the daggers that held him pinned to the wall. "Chaos. I am sorry to bother you with this... Commotion." he spoke as if it had no relation to it. Chaos scanned Omega with cold eyes.

"Lets make this fair Dillan."

Sharp spikes embedded themselfs in Dillan's abdomen, and slashed at him. He emitted a strangled yelp and his hands went to his abdomen.
"Lord Chaos. What are you..." his voice trailed off. Looking at him carefully, the scars, the cuts, everything was the same as Omega. He scowled.

"Fight. To the death."

Omega's head whipped up. "Chaos-"

"Lets see whoes stronger." Chaos sat down. His eyes were cold.

"You can't make me do this again."

Omega met Chaos's eyes seriously.

"I did what you said before I became Commander. I became a murderer. I killed them all- because you told me to." he threw his sword to the ground. "I don't care if I die. I don't want to do this."

"So. Dillan can be Commander?"

His eyes wavered.

"Omega." I cut in. "Then what about the ones who died so you could become Commander? You're going to give up?"

His sad eyes turned to me.

This precious seat could not be lost.

"If you can't do it, I'll do it."

"You don't mean-"

I unsheathed my dagger.

"A fight to the death. Not bad."

~~

Omega's POV

She was making this harder.

She could die- Dillan wasn't an easy one. Dillan smiled. "I accept. Sister."

Annabeth didn't look suprised.
"I though children of Athena were smart."

Both were being stupid right now.

"Annabeth." I stepped in front of her. "This is my problem." I glimsped at Dillan, who was as mangled as me.

"I'll do it. Fight."