Chapter 50

Annabeth's POV

Everything was down before my leg fell in a hole.

Thaila, Luke, and I were going around the ruins until I rolled down the stairs, jolting my bad arm. I looked around the dark hallway when I had stopped rolling. It was the same place.

It had never collasped.

Thaila came down the stairs normally wih Luke. She looked around he place in awe.
"It was an illusion." she said softly.
"Commander could be alive."
"We need to go save him!"
Luke shook his head. "Even if he is alive, getting past Tartarus is impossible." he said grimly.
"Tartarus isn't here." I blurted out.
"How do you know?"
I bit my lip. "I don't know.... I can just feel it. His presence is strong."
Thaila sighed. "Are you sure Annie?"
I nodded.
"Then lets go up and tell the others. We have to get Commander."

~

"I'm going."
Nobody dared to say anything towards Victor's words.
"I'll go too."
"No." Piper said. "You're injured."
I shook my head. "I know the place better than any of you guys."
Luke sighed. "She has a point. I'll go."
"Three is enough. The rest should stay up here. If we use ropes and unroll it while going. If we tug once-"
"Panic?" Piper suggested.
"Come down."Victor said. "It means we need help."
She nodded.
I looked down at the hidden stairway.

Wait a while Omega.

We're coming.

~

I led the way.

We went to the cell that Omega and I were in, but there was nothing but a shattered pitcher, a half melted tin cup, some shreds of black cloth, and blood stains.

But no Omega.

I swallowed. Maybe he was at the room. I walked slowly to the room, feeling uneasy that there were no monsters or of the such. I stared at the wooden double doors. I hated this place. Somehing in me wanted to bolt. I took a deep breath and pushed open the doors.
"Omega!"

Victor immediantly started untying his bonds. Luke went over and cut them wih his sword. He was a bloody mess, and his mangled form didn't look human. How could someone be hurt like this and not die? I knelt in front of him and cupped his face. He met my eyes and mumbled something.
"What?"
"Run."
His voice was hoarse. He coughed, and more blood splattered on to the bloodstained white floor.
"Unfortunatly, he was right."
We all whipped around to see Tartarus glaring down at us.
"You should of ran." the door closed, cutting off our ropes.
"Thank you Omega." he sneered. "You just brought me a few more prisoners.

~

"You said he wasn't here." Victor hissed.

"Oh, I wasn't." Tartarus said helpfully. "I came back to get him." He suddenly appeared behind us, holding Omega by his shirt. "But I found some more prizes. Using him for bait is so good! It's like... 1+3!" he said gleefuly.
He threw Omega on the hard floor and he fell with a thud.
"He used to much of his powers." Tartarus mused. "To save you." he looked up at me. "Well, he got the punishment, I think you can see." he said, nudging his head with his boot tip.
"He is our Commander. You cannot treat him like that." Luke said angrily. "Chaos is stronger than you."
"Well, then why didn't he know he had been coming here for 1000 years?" Tartarus said.
"1000 years?"
"Anyway, he's having trouble breathing- I don't know if thats normal." he explained. "I'm not a doctor-" he said, glancing at Victor. "But I know his heart stop after... 5 minutes." he stomped on his chest and a sickening cruch ensued.
"Oops. 3 minutes. Well-"

Suddenly, Omega flipped Tartarus over and pinned him down with a knife by sticking it in his head.
"Luke!"
Luke understood. Vines wrapped around his arms, legs, and neck, trapping him. And the blood, all the blood from the walls and floor left in the form of liquid, leaving the walls and the floor blinding white. They wrapped around Tartarus, choking him. Omega stood up, leaving it swirling around him. He pushed us, all of us, and we started to run. We followed what was left of the rope. I could hear Omega's irregular breathing.
"I can't-" he panted. "Hold it."
A roar from behind us made me stumble. Tartarus was free. We ran faster, and I pulled Omega in front of us, seeing that he was lagging behind. I saw the stairs, and we climbed up, going three steps by each step. A shocked Thaila, Jason, and Piper stepped back as we all climbed up.
"Step back!"
Omega's voice, even when it was hoarse had authority. I stepped back unconsciously, and he stabbed his sword into the ground. Fissures ran across the illusion, and the trees growing on top of the underground building fell over. The building collasped, and this time it was real. The stairs were covered by a landslide of dirt and rocks. The rumbling stopped. Omega leaned on his sword for a count of three. He straightened up with difficultly, but he smiled.

"No ones hurt?"

~

Victor was almost as scary as Omega.

Correction: He is scarier.

The look in his eyes looked as if he would kill. I never knew a canteen could look dangerous. Victor sighed.
"Luke."
he flinched.
"You can't get us all the way to camp, can't you?"
He shook his head. "It's too far."
Victor buried his head in his hands.
"I am going to kill him." he muttered. Sighing, he turned to us.
"Can you get us to a nearby hotel? And Piper... You need to use a little charmspeak."

~

It was easy getting in a first class hotel.

"I really love your charmspeak Piper." Thaila said, flopping down on the uber comfy beds. I sat down next to her.
"Do you think Omega will be okay?"
Thaila rolled over. "Annie, are you sure you don't like him? Victor's skilled. Didn't you see his eyes? He's determined."
I swallowed. "But... Tartarus said that he would die in 3 minutes. It was that bad. And he was already hurt when he arrived. And-"
"Do you want to go and see?" Piper asked gently.
I glanced at Thaila. She shrugged and sat up.
"Come on. Lets go visit."

~

The room was dark.

We stepped into the room carefully. Victor was sitting next to a bed. His hands were still for once.
"Victor?"
He whipped around and narrowed his eyes.
"Why?"
"How... How is Omega?"
he paused.

"Everyone out except Annabeth."

We were all frozen.

"Can atleast one person listen to me?"

Thaila and Piper went out carefully, not making a sound. I felt awkward.

"I thought I should tell this to you."
Victor looked down.
"I thought that he would be alive till I retired but-" he looked up. "He's hurt pretty badly. And his lungs collasped- and he needs surgery. We can't go to a hospital, or camp soon enough."
I knew what that meant.
"He's not dying." I said stubbornly. "He's strong."
"Even the hardest rocks wear off to the weakest rivers after time." he whispered. He sighed and looked at me. His eyes were red.
"Theres one hope. And we can't do anything but hope."
"What it is?"
He sighed.

"Tartarus. Tartarus can keep him alive."

over 1000 words and two chappies! I'm feeling pretty good about this.

Anyway, Call me Omega ended at chapter 60, but this will be much longer. Omega and Annabeth needs to start dating. They're in this awkward position- knowing each others feelings but being stuck to each other. Now I need to write some pain.

A lot.