Chapter Sixty

Yay!!!!

Chappie sixTy.
This is when about Call Me Omega ended, but really, not a lot of things happened. Even Omega and Annabeth started dating last chapter.

Sigh.

Anyway, I will write as fast as I can.
I love writing as much as Omega loves Annabeth.

Yay!

~

Victor's POV

I didn't know what to think about the newly made couple.

Yes, I was happy for them, but the risk of him getting his identity revealed was higher. I was afraid she would hurt him. She was a good person, and never try, but she didn't need to try. His fatal flaw would cause him to try to protect her. I hated it. I knew I couldn't take care of him for long. Maybe I should just postpone. I had thought of this a thousand times, but I felt better now that Annabeth was with him, but somehow unsettled. I sighed and ruffled my hair while standing up. I went to Chaos's room and stood in front of it, debating if I should go in or not. I shook my head and pushed the door open. Chaos looked at me over his glasses. "Why hello Victor." Chaos smiled.
"Can I postpone my retirement?"
Chaos nodded. "Of course. But I think it would be better to just stay here-"
"Please postpone it to next year." I cut in.
"Are you worried about Omega?"
I paused.
"Well then you should go and see him. He's in his office, and he's been working all night."
"You made him work all night?!"
He raised his hands. "I told him to go. But he said that he would finish his papers too. He trained at dawn, and went back to his papers after breakfast. Oh, and he must've gotten more later."
I scowled. "I'll go."
I went out of the office and went to Omega's. I burst in to see him at his desk, hunched over a bunch of papers. The room smelled of coffee. I sighed and went to his desk and tapped on it. He looked up arubtly and smiled at me tiredly.
"Hi."
"You look dissapointed."
He shrugged. "Did I?"
I went over to his desk and slapped it hard enough to make the coffee cup rattle.
"Go and get some rest."
"But-"
"Now."
He frowned. "But really, I have a lot of things to do. I need to patrol the city borders after lunch and-"
He caught my eye and shifted in his chair. "I can't sleep here, can I?"
I pointed outside, and he sighed.
"Okay."
He yawned as he went out, and I couldn't help but feel worried. I felt like he would get severed, stabbed, burned, cut, or explode in some kind of way. I cleared the table and stacked the papers neatly. I froze.

These papers.

I folded them neatly with shaking hands and put them in my bag. Trying to calm myself, I grabbed the coffee mug, cleaning up. Putting it in the small sink, I looked back at the table. I pushed in his chair. The papers felt heavier than anything in my bag. I pursed my lips, taking my mind off of them. Maybe I should ask Annabeth to help him. I shook my head. I couldn't do anything between them. It was and felt wrong. I heard someone come inside, and I turned to see Annabeth. She looked a bit confused.
"Omega's in his room."
She nodded. "Thanks."
She went immediantly, and I looked at her going.

I didn't know if she was truthworthy enough to not tell him.

~

Annaneth's POV

It was kind of cute, seeing him laying on the bed with his face in his pillow.

I stifled a laugh as I stepped in. He must of fell asleep right away. He had turned his head slightly so his cheek was smushed on the pillow. He was drooling like a dog. Not wanting to wake him, I carefully draped the blanket over him. I smiled and left the room quietly.
I was getting a little bored, doing nearly nothing at all. I had read all my books, and reread them twice already. It would be nice to go out to the city, but I didn't know it well and Omega was busy. I hoped Omega would know his own limits. I thought of all the things we would do together. We would have to go to the beach, eat at a fancy restaurant, go on a real date, a picnic, the amusement park-

I had forgotten how good it was having a boyfriend.

~

Omega's POV

I couldn't breathe.

I was asleep, but I could feel it so clearly.

How does it feel like to drown?

My old fear started creeping back. I remembered when I felt like the weight on my shoulders were too heavy. Now what was I? No. I was older. I could do this. I needed to. I remembered thousands of soldiers under me, feeling my power that I wasn't sure I wanted. I took a gaping breath, and I could finally breathe. Groaning, I sat up and looked at the clock. My eyes widened. I ran to my office immediantly and started sorting out the papers, sittingown. Cursing, I scanned over papers and tried to finish them as fast as I could. I looked up at the time to see that lunch time was ending, leaving the unfinished papers behind, I put on my mask and grabbed my sword. I could see the groups of soldiers waiting for orders. I deployed the soldiers almost mindlessly till I was repriminded that there weren't two Iota teams. I tried to settle my cluttered mind by apologizing and trying to deploy them again, causing some confusion because there was never anything like this before.
Taking lead in the Alpha team patrol, I felt vexed about the time I had left today. I had so much to do now that the leaders weren't here and I hadn't come here in a while. My legs went numb after walking halfway around. Sighing, I looked around the borders, trying to catch holes. Something moving caught my eye, but my body was slow to respond. It nearly cut out my eye, but I dodged for it to leave a shallow cut on my forehead. I cut it in half and watched the golden dust fall to the ground. The soldiers behind me looked unsure about what to do. I sighed and wiped the blood off my forehead.

It just wasn't my day today.

~

I scanned the paper carefully with a sandwitch in my mouth.

I chewed on it slowly as I compared the pros and cons. This planet was poor, but had many chances. I weighed them out once more and set it to the side. I needed to finish most of the papers before I went back. Suddenly, a sharp jolt of pain made me hunch over. A thousand thoughts ran through my head as I clutched my chest. I had forgotten to take my medicine after lunch because I didn't have lunch actually. The same feeling- the feeling of my heart being crushed and squeezed like a lemon. I took a deep breath and straigtened. I needed to finish this. I forced myself to concentrate. My eyes read fogged up words that I couldn't discern. I already had no time. Reading it again, l could read a few words. Going through the papers, I finally forgot the pain as a distant throbbing. I heard someone knock. I stood up and opened the door to see Chaos with another file of papers. He smiled apologetically.
I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, taking the file.
"I'm really sorry, but these are due till tonight. I know-"
I shook my head. "It's fine. It's my job anyway."
Chaos still looked sorry. "I know you came to rest, but really..." he shook his head. "I'm very sorry Omega."
"Theres no need to be." I said, flipping through them.
He nodded gratefully. "Thank you. Give them to me by 10."
I nodded absentmindedly as he left, closing the door. Another stack of papers. I would do this first. Sighing, I went over the papers. Threatening, pleading, thank you notes, curses- there was too many. I sorted them out and put the useless pleading to the side. This planet had sent a lot of letters. Some papers were from the city- all of them from everywhere around the universe. After finishing half of it, I streched and leaned back, yawning. A few hours had passed. Maybe I would ask Victor to bring me dinner. I shook my head. He was busy too. I didn't have the time anyway. I looked back at the rest of the papers with my burning eyes. I rubbed them, and focused.

I would have to spend another night here again.