Chapter 14

Omega's POV

I woudn't lose.

I glared at him, refusing to agree with him even though I knew he was right.

"You know I'm right Omega." he said, reading my thoughts.

I tried to ignore that fact. "I'm going with them." I said stubbornly. "I need to."

"Think about yourself. You could die."

"Annabeth could die."

He scowled. "Look. She's strong. She can protect herself."

I bit my lip. "Victor, I came here for that reason. I need to get rid of Tartarus with my own hands. I need to help Annabeth."

"You are going back to camp." He said, standing up.

I knew he wouldn't be pursuaded by words.

I pressed the blade of my sword to my chest. Victor froze. Everything seemed to be paused.

"I'm going."

He unfroze. "You aren't." he said, unsure about the sword at my chest.

I pressed the blade closer, till I could feel the cold metal.

His blue eyes scanned me. "Omega." he said firmly. "You can't go. It's too much-"

The blade cut my skin as I stuck it in my chest. Victor was stubborn too.

He was scared.

But I wasn't.

The blade went in, deeper, and I could almost feel how close it was to my heart. But I wasn't giving up. I knew it would be useless if I didn't go on this quest.

Victor grabbed my hand with a pale hand. His blue eyes were shaky, now realising that I was serious.

"Fine. Then..." he took a shaky breath. "I'm going with you."

I smiled, knowing that I won. I pulled the sword out and flopped on the bed, to exhausted to do anything. My head spun and I felt like I was freezing to death, while the wound I made throbbed until it felt numb. I closed my eyes, and went to sleep like that.

Victor's POV

I didn't worry too much about Omega.

He just needed rest, and I could heal the poison fast enough if I tried. My heart slowled down after his dangerous gamble. The wound healed quickly with nectar, but it would be enough to kill him if it reached his heart.

He knew it as well as me.

I forgot how it felt like to love someone so much that you could die for that person. I sighed and stared at him who was peacfully sleeping. I knew nighmares wasn't far from where he was right now. I needed to tell the others that he would be going.

I went to the other room and knocked. Annabeth opened the door and I went in.

"Is Omega okay?" Nico asked.

"He's going with you."

Annabeth furrowed her eyebrows. "What?"

"I think we have to wait another day or two to move."

Annabeth nodded slowly. "Okay."

"Are you going back to camp?" Renya asked

"No, I'm going with you too." I said. "I have to follow Omega along to keep him from doing stupid things." I looked down to see that my hand was still shaking. I pressed it down on my leg.
"We can leave two days after. If thats okay."
"I guess so." Annabeth said. "You can use the room with Nico and Omega." she suggested. Nico and I stood up and went to the other room. I checked up on Omega. His sleep was fitful again this night, and his hair was plastered to his face.
"Use the bed." I said, sitting next to Omega's bed.
"What about you?"
"I'm fine." I said sharply.
Nico washed, and went to bed immedently. I could hear him snoring lightly from the bed. I looked down at Omega. He groaned and turned over. Nightmares.
He mumbled things that were barely audible. He shivered and pulled the blankets closer to himself. He must be cold. I tucked him in and unclenched his hand which had little cresent cuts in them from his nails. He held my hand tight, like always. It hurt, but I knew it would never hurt as much as Omega's pain. I carefully wiped the sweat off his forehead, trying not to wake him. I didn't think that I could sleep.
"Victor?"
"Yes?"
"I'm sorry." his voice was hoarse.
"Shut up and sleep." I said, irritated.
A faint smile showed up on his face. "Thanks."
I scowled.
He was an idiot.
A wonderful idiot.

short chappie:-(
srry