Chapter 63

Omega's POV

I woke up on Annabeth's shoulder, which wasn't so bad.

I tried to stay still, but she woke up soon. I smiled. I didn't know what was better- when she was asleep, because she was still, or when she was awake because of her eyes. I kissed her on the cheek.
"Good morning."
I remembered when she did it to me every morning. I remembered how good it felt. She smiled back and streched, getting out of her curled position. She jolted me out of place, making a sharp jolt of pain shot through my abdomen. I nearly fell off the sofa, but gripped it and steadied myself. Standing up, I followed her to the door. My whole body screamed at me in agony, but l couldn't let her go.
"You have to go?" I pouted.
"Of course." she said. "I'll come back after lunch. I have some time then."
I pleaded with my puppy eyes. "Stay for a while....."
She kissed me on the cheek. "No. I have to go."
I pouted. "C'mon."
She shook her head. "See you later."
My face fell. "Okay."
I watch her go down the hallway, and closed the door. I collasped, breathing hard. It would take some time to pass. Victor told me it would go away as the cuts healed and I took my medicine daily, it would pass. But right now, I would have to deal with it, without pain meds because I wouls have to go through withdrawal and it wasn't good for my heart.

Oh, but it hurt so much- too much. I knew I couldn't show it to Annabeth. I couldn't. I bit my cheek, holding in a scream.

I needed to save it for the later days.

~

Annabeth's POV

Omega wasn't in his room when I went to meet him.

I wasn't suprised when he wasn't there. I was more suprised when he came in. His face was ashen gray, and he looked extremly tired. Despite his state, he smiled at me.
"Hi."
He sat down and leaned back, sighing.
"Where did you go?"
He gave me a bouquet of flowers that smelled wonderful.
"Suprise."
I smiled and buried my nose in the flowers.
"What happened to you?"
He scratched his head.
"I went to the Demeter cabin first but they actually didn't have many flowers, so I went out."
I looked at it. The bouquet was really pretty, well wrapped in milky blue and white translucent paper.
"You didn't have to go out."
"Yeah." he muttered leaning back. "You didn't even give me a award."
"What award?"
He stood up and stepped close to me, and leaned his head close to my face and tapped his cheek. I rolled my eyes and kissed him on the cheek. He smiled at me warmly, his eyes glowing. He didn't seem so tired anymore.
"You should rest now." I said, placing a hand on his shoulder. "And I guess you wont tell me what happened."
"Of course." he said.
I sighed. "I'll go."
"But you just came!" he whined.
"I need to teach sword fighting." l said.
His face fell. "Okay."
I kissed him on the cheek again and left the room, holding the flowers close to myself.
"Annabeth!"
I looked up to see Piper. "Hi."
"Where did you get these flowers? They're beautiful!" she gushed.
"Omega got them for me."
She smirked. "I guess he's not so bad."
I laughed. "Can you put these in my cabin? I need to go to the arena."
"Okay." she said, taking them.
I watched her run off to her cabin and I resumed walking back to the arena.

I could still smell the flowers.

~

Reyna's POV

I wished I would bump into Victor somehow.

After Annabeth and Omega became a happy couple, l didn't know how to feel. I had been wandering around the infirmar for days and didn't even see a glimpse of him. I wanted to see him before I went back to the Roman camp. I searched desperately for him. Since nearly all Apollo kids were blonde or light brown hair, I stood out with black hair.
"Looking for someone?"
I looked up to see Victor. I smiled widely. "Hi."
he nodded slowly. "Why are you here?"
His curt manner dissapointed me, but I didn't let the smile dissapear.
"I just wanted to see you before I left."
"Well I certainly didn't." he grumbled. "I'm busy."
My heart fell down to the bottom of my feet. How could he not know? I could feel warm tears dribble down my cheeks. "Hey! W- why are you crying? Don't cry." He was obviously suprised. Perplexed, he handed me a tissue. I didn't take it and just wiped my eyes.
"Victor!" I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Did you make her cry?"
"I didn't!" he protested. "She just-"
"Are you okay?" Will asked. I nodded and turned around, going out of the infirmary.

I wished I had never liked him.