Chapter 43

A cute pic of Frazel. Viria is a great artist.

Omega's POV

Why was I here again?

I was standing by the river Acheron, my ears ringing by the sound of the rushing water. I stared down at the black water. I could see the faces of the damned in the water, swirling away in the water.

Join us. They wailed. Murderer!

I took a step back. "I-" I voice died. I didn't have anything to say.

All the soldiers you killed innocently! Your friends you failed to save! The river wailed. You will fail again!

Join us. Join our pain!

You deserve it.

Mesmerized, I dipped one foot, all the way up to my ankle in the water. Pain shot up my leg. I took my foot out, stifling a scream.

You deserve it!

I tried to step back from the river.

Suddenly, I was falling into it.

Pure agony overtook my body as I emitted a scream. For the first time, I was drowning in water. Spots danced around in my vision. I barely went up to get a breath of air, and I saw a face.

The smiling face of Tartarus.

~

I couldn't move.

Imagine the worst pain that you ever felt. Then multiply it by 1000. And spread it all over your body.

Then you'll get the feeling when you came out after swimming in the Acheron for the whole night.

My whole body throbbed, and my muscles were sore from trying to keep my head above the current all night. I was sopping wet, and cold. I barely turned my head to look at the time.

5:13

I moved my arm slowly and painfully to the bottle of pills. It was nearly empty. I had used them too fast. I needed to ask Victor for more. During my endevor to reach them, I reached too far and fell on the ground after bumping my head on my dresser. My ribs screamed out in agony. I groaned and turned over to see that I had brought down the bottle with me. I sat up slowly, and leaned on the bed. When I put slight pressure on my wrist, it felt like it was shattering into tiny little pieces. I sat up and opened the lid, and gulped it down with water. I took a shaky breath. It was just pure pain. I couldn't describe it, just pure pain. I coughed up some water that had gone into my lungs. I needed to get dry. When I tried to use my powers, it would only suffocate me. So I ended half dry and panting for breath. I needed help.

Victor?

I let my head lean back. No. He has a lot on his mind. I don't want to be a burden to him. I could feel the pills working, numbing my pain. I sighed. I could move now, but it still hurt. My foot that I had dipped in hurt the most, I had to limp to walk around. After some ambrosia, I went to the beach. But the salty water couldn't wash off the water from the river of pain. It was barely bearable. Maybe I just would stay in my cabin. I shook my head. Victor would worry. He would find out somehow. I stood up, feeling a bit better from the water. It was about 6 am now. Breakfast was at 7. I tried walking around the beach, trying to walk normally so I could go there without crawling halfway up the hill. I sat on the soft sand till I felt sleepy. My muscles ached. I streched, and stared at the rising sun. I could see dryads waking up, yawning and rubbing their eyes. Some early risers were coming to the pavillion. I limped up the hill, and went to the pavillion. After I sat down, I watched my food appear on the plate. I twirled my spoon in my hand, watching the Athena cabin come. Annabeth sat at the head of the table, while Malcom sat at the other side. I realized I had only eaten a little when everyone was here because I was too busy staring at Annabeth. I felt Victor's glare on me. I slowly ate my food painstakingly. I was done eating when half of everyone was gone. Waiting to leave when more people left, I waited at the table absentmindedly.