Chapter 41

Nobody can ever get too old for Percy Jackson.

Omega's POV

The hallucinations were getting to me.

I swung my sword at a monster only to slash the lamp in half. I was seeing the camp burning, Tartarus killing people, and waves of monsters. I leaned on the wall.

It was for Annabeth.

This was her hallucinations. They were given to me. Now she wont have these. But it made me go crazy. If I opened my eyes, hallucinations. If I closed them, nightmares.

Where was I supposed to go?

Suddenly, I was stuck in a small place.

An elevator.

Horrifying memories of Tartarus. The doors of death. Fighting with Gaea.

It all seemed so real.

I couldn't scream. I couldn't move. Fear dug into me like daggers. It got smaller. It was getting smaller. I was getting suffocated in this elevator like Nico in the jar. The jar. Mark of Athena. Annabeth. Rome.
I couldn't help it.

Scared of the fake everything, I started to wonder if this was all a dream.

Maybe I was never a demigod. Maybe this was just one, big messed up dream and I would wake up, still twelve with a completely normal friend and mother, with a dead father. No gods. Science is right.

It sounded so sweet.

This was wrong.

It was all terribly wrong.

~

Annabeth's POV

Omega was odd.

He was spooked by something, I couldn't tell. He wouldn't tell me anything, he would just smile and assure me that he was completely fine and just tired.

I knew it was the paper.

Part of me wanted to rip it into thousands of little pieces, but this was my second day without halucinations, and I felt so good already. My mind finally began to move off of Tartarus. I had room to daydream and actually think about what I read, what I will eat, and what I plan to do. I glanced at Omega, who was playing with the sand. I smiled at him. He looked up at me and met my eyes.

"Sand castle?"

He laughed and conjured two pails and shovels.
"Sand castle."
We packed the sand into one pail and flipped it over, making a tall, round tower. We made some more, small and big, and I started to dig out the windows and shape more hings with wet sand.

I was an architect after all.

"Woah." Omega stepped back to look at the castle. "Can't believe we made this with pails and shovels."
"And an architect." I added.
He laughed at me. "Why not you make us a house like this?"
"Us?"
"Us." he confirmed. "We could live in it forever."
I felt confused at his words. I looked back up into his eyes. He was amused. He was playing with me.
"Of course." I said. "All of us. Piper, Jason, Leo, Frank, Hazel, and Percy too. I'm going to make a wonderful house for us to live in."
Omega's face fell. "Yes. Of course."
I stood up, brushing the sand from my shorts. "I need to go now."
He stood up along with me. "You're not going anywhere now."

He picked me up, bridal style and walked towards the sea, with me kicking and laughing.
"Oh gods don't you dare-"
I was cut off by cold ocean water. I opened my eyes to see Omega's sea green ones. Flecks of gold spotted them. They were somewhat broken, but now they were laughing at me. I tried to swim, but the water current worked against me.
"I'm guessing this was what Percy did to you."
Suddenly, he was Percy- breathtakingly he same. A bubble formed around us. He kissed me, but I was too shocked.