Chapter 30

Annabeth's POV

The borders had turned redder.

After a night, it looked like there were splotches of pale blue instead of crimson red. I looked worriedly at the Chaos table, and I couldn't see Omega. Malcom put a hand on my shoulder.
"Eat your breakfast."
I sat down and ate my breakfast like my brother told me, but I couldn't help glancing at the table time to time. I saw Victor at the Apollo table, but he seemed very quiet today. I remebered there was a counciler meeting today. Maybe I would be able to see Omega.

I shook my head. Why was I acting like this? Feelings that I hadn't felt for such a long time built up in me. No. I was just worried. I scraped the rest of my food into the fire and walked to the big house in a trance. I saw Omega sitting there, and I brightened.

But Omega didn't seem very bright. He had his hood on, even though it was a hot day. I knew he was hiding a tired face underneath. He smiled at me wearly as I came in.
"You came early?"
I sat next to him. He looked like he had aged a few years overnight.
"Yes... Are you okay?"
He stretched and nodded. "I'm fine."
But I wasn't an idiot. I could see the bandages that were wrapped around his wrist as he stretched. And the way he moved was in an odd, awkward way.

He wasn't okay.

I decided to let it go, but I couldn't help being worried. Victor came in and they talked in hushed voices while some of the Chaos leaders came in. Luke sat next to me and talked to me, but I was trying to hear Omega and Victor's conversation. My heart dropped down a few feet when I saw Omega's head droop and Victor face-palm.
"Annabeth?"
"Hmm?"
"Were you listening to me?"
"O-" I sighed. "I'm sorry."
He looked a bit down. "It's fine. You must have a lot on your mind."
"Thanks."
He shrugged and turned to talk to his girlriend.

By then, everyone had come in, and Chiron was talking about the red borders. Victor raised his hand.
"Actually, you wont need to worry about it."
Chiron tilted his head.
"Omega will be going back to planet Chaos."
"What?!" Leo's eyes widened. "And he's not coming back?"
Omega looked uncomfortable.
"Of course not." Victor said smoothly. "He's only staying there for a while."
"Why?" I asked.
Victor stared down at Omega.
Omega sighed. "There has been a mutiny."
Luke's jaw dropped. "Against you!?"
Omega nodded wearly.
Victor scowled at Omega. "Also, he could get some rest there, and not spill blood on Earth.
"When are you leaving?" Biana asked.
"Today."
Omega looked down and fiddled with his fingers, letting Victor do the talking. He met my eyes and his lips twitched, as he was remembering how to smile.

You okay? I mouthed.
He shrugged. Dunno. He mouthed bacm.
Thanks for the coral.
He smiled a little and let his eyes twinkle at me.
"I'll go with you." Zoe said.
Omega looked up at her, then looked at Victor. Victor shrugged.
"It's okay." he glimpsed at me.

I knew what he wanted me to do.

"I'll go too."
Victor frowned and furrowed his eyebrows. Omega smiled brightly, the brightest smile I had ever seen on him.
"Actually-"
"Of course you can." Omega cut in. "If Zoe can go, Annabeth can go." he said matter-of- factly. Victor scowled but nodded at me. While the talk flowed on, Omega smiled at me again, his eyes twinkling. I silently laughed at him, looking like a dog that found his owner.

Happy, mindless, and overjoyed.

He was cute.

~~

I packed my bags.

"Toothbrush, PJ's, pencil case, books, dagger, laptop-"
"Hey."
I smiled at Piper, stopping my double checking.
"So."
"So what?"
"Why do you want to go?"
"I'm curious about Planet Chaos. And I thought Omega would be lonely." I said truthfully.
"Do you like Omega?"
I laughed and shook my head. "Why do people ask me these things? No, I don't. I will never forget Percy."
Piper examined my face for a while. "I think Omega likes you."
"How?"
"The way he worried about you. The way he looks at you. And well, I don't know about you, but he was totally begging you to come."
I shrugged and started triple checking.
"I like him as a friend." I said simply.
Piper nodded and stood up. "Il leave it to you."
"Thanks."
She left the cabin, and I finished checking all my stuff. I got my backpack and went out, making sure I wasn't late. Victor was there early. I felt awkward around him.
"uh... Hi."
He acknowledged me. "Hello."
Zoe came right after. "Hi Annabeth." she smiled at me and nodded her head at Victor, while Victor did the same.
"When is Commander coming?" Zoe asked politely.
"He'll be late." he said flatly.
"Why?"
He didn't answer my question. After a while, he came running to us.
"I'm sorry. I was a bit busy." he apologized.
Zoe nodded.
"How will we get to Planet Chaos?"
Omega held out a hand and a portal appeared out a thin air. Victor went in first, and Zoe followed in without hesitation. Omega smile at me and grabbed my hand.
"You'll love it. The building is amazing. You'll be gawking over it for weeks."
I rolled my eyes. "Lets go now."
And we stepped in, side by side, holding hands.

~~

"This. Is. Amazing."
Zoe laughed at my actions while Victor just scowled. Omega smiled slightly.
"Lets go in."

When we went in, the soldiers bowed down to Omega. Zoe and Victor went behind him, so I felt uncomfortable standing next to him. Whenever I tried to step back, he matched his pace with mine, not allowing me to. We arrived at a wooden door, not unlike the others. Omega knocked on it and I heard rustling sounds.
A tall man with black hair and purple eyes stepped out of the office.
"Ah!" I blinked. His eyes had turned blue. "Omega, Victor, Zeta, and-" his now brown eyes stared at me. "Annabeth...." his face hardened for a moment, but returned to the happy grin.
"Hello Annabeth. I am Chaos."

~

I couldn't believe it.

I was sitting at an office, Chaos's office sipping tea.
Victor and Omega was talking to Chaos, so their tea was left to cool. Zoe sipped her tea delicatly, in a way that I couldn't. I felt uncomfortable. Even if Chaos was smiling and grinning, this place was an army. The way they looked at Omega.

Heck, they couldn't even look at him.

Right now, Chaos was touching his invisible beard while Omega looked serious. Very. I could barely hear them.

"Dillan- needs- respect?"
"Army- one third-"
My ears tried to hear more, but Chaos sighed and leaned back.
"I guess you just have to act normal for a while. Don't get angry." Chaos warned. Omega nodded slowly, and Victor turned to us. "Lets go now."
Victor went to another hallway that was filled with people wearing white cloaks. Another was black cloaks. I guessed it was the soldiers and medics. Zoe pulled me to a room, to a hallway that was less crowded.
"It's a hallway for the leaders."
"And Omega?"
Zoe opened the door. "He uses the top floor. You know. It gets loud."
I nodded and looked into the room.
"This will be your room for a while." Zoe said. "I'll come to your room when it's time for lunch. My room is next door, so.come if you need anything. Feel free to use anything in the room."
"Thanks."
I stepped into the room and closed the door behind me. I threw my bag on the floor and threw myself on the bed, just wanting to sort out my thoughts.

About Omega.

Recalling the times I had been with him, I've been showing him a lot, and opening my heart to him. But as I got older, my walls started to fall down, and I had started to give people a chance before everything.

And I felt it.

I felt it that he trusted me. I could guess who he usually was, he was probably as closed off as I was. But he haf showed me his humanity, which he didn't show to anyone but me.
I didn't now why, I just had this feeling he was trustworthy.

Even Victor, who had a cold disposition cared for Omega like that. He wasn't as trusting as Omega. I sighed and sat up, grumbling because of my knotted hair. I decided to unpack. I put my clothes in the empty drawer. I went into the bathroom to find it like a hotel, with the little soap wrapped in paper. Plus the little bottle of shampoo. I fingered the smooth soap. I always liked the mini soap, for no reason at all. I slipped it in my pocket, and set my own big soap where it was.

I sat down on the wooden desk and took a pen out.

2015.5.29 Planet Chaos

A soap from Planet Chaos.