Chapter 8

Victor's POV

I watched helplessly as Omega retched into the toliet.

He coughed. "You really can't do anyt-" he went back to the toliet. I gave him a cup of water.

"You didn't eat anything."

"I know." he said, his voice hoarse. He gulped down the water and groaned.

"What did he put in that pill?"

"You feel okay?"

"No. My head hurts."

I sighed. "I really think you shouldn't go on that quest."

"Victor." he stood up, and he looked nauseous from that. "I told you, it's important."

I knew there was no use pursuading him.

"Theres a council tomorrow." he said.

"I'll tell them you can't come." I said blankly.

He stared down at me, his hand in his hair. "How?"

"You're sick."

He pursed his lips. "Still... Shouldn't I still go?"

"No."

"You can listen to me about this. Not a big deal. Right?"

He covered his mouth and went back to the toliet. I sighed and patted his back.

"You can't go on this quest. You know it. Alpha can go." I filled a cup with water and set it on the sink. "Get sone rest. I'll find some medicine."

As I went out, I took off my gown and hung it on a peg. I nearly bumped into Renya on the way to the Apollo cabin. I scowled.

"Watch where you're going." I said.

"Sorry." she went right past me, to the infirmary. Her hair wasn't tied. She looked better like that. She seemed a little breathless as she ran. I frowned and followed her.

"Hey."

She ignored me.

I ran along to keep up with her. "Where you going?"

"Infirmary."

"Why?"

"Piper was saying something about Jason. She was crying so much, but I don't really know."

"What?" I nearly stopped.

"Exactly."

We ran to the infirmary, and we saw a stretcher with a blonde haired guy. I pushed past the campers and saw Jason, pale, with a hastily bandaged wound on his chest, and it looked pretty deep. Jason wasn't like Omega. This wound was lethal. I froze and let the doctors take gim somewhere, I didn't know.

Renya came beside me, panting. "Thats Jason?"

"Yes... He's injured. Badly."

"What? How?"

"It was bandaged."

"Renya!" Piper ran to us, her eyes red. "What do we do now! Ijustfoundhim-"

"Whoah. Slow down." I said.

Annabeth came in too. She spotted us and came towards us.

"What happened?" she asked, also breathless.

"Jason-" she sobbed. "I found him in his cabin, with this sword stuck in his chest, and-" she broke in to sobs.

"Sword..." I muttered. I turned to Piper. "What did it look like?"

"Black." she said between sobs.

"The Athena cabin went to see." Annabeth said, her gray eyes turning towards me. "Why."

A cold feeling went over me. "Tartarus..."

"What?" they all said. Annabeth paled.

"I'll go see." I ran out the infirmary and to the Zeus cabin. Annabeth followed me silently. I went in to see the Athena cabin looking around at the window and Malcom was looking at the sword.

"Looks like this happened at about 3:40. Mayb-"

I pushed past him.

"Hey!"

I stared at the sword in horror. I read the note.

To Omega-

:)

"Oh..." I hit my forehead. "He must of visited him after Omega." I said.

"What! Omega?"

"Yes. He's at the infirmary. Kronos came too."

"Kronos?" Annabeth looked at the sword. "And Tartarus?" she sounded slightly scared.

"Yes." I ran my hand through my hair. "Kronos dissapeared when I found him."

"How come none of us knew?" Malcom said crossly.

"What do I do? Find you and talk to you indivisually? Call it out to the whole camp? I don't have the time, and Omega would kill me if I did the second choice." I said.

"Tartarus..." I saw Chiron standing at the doorway. His brown eyes were tired and wise.

And Omega was next to him.