Chapter 16

Omega's POV

A cell.
I was hung from the ceiling in a cold, damp cell.
The wounds that Kronos had made a long time ago throbbed. I needed to change the bandages and put medicine on them. My head rang like someone was ringing a gong in my head. I clenched my teeth as a dagger twisted its way into my back.
"Still saying nothing sir." a demigod said.
Kronos looked down at me, unsasified. He took out a whip.
"Use this."
The demigod shrugged and took the whip. He slapped the whip to my back, ripping my clothes. It burned, and I let out a small gasp of pain.
"30." Kronos said. "Leave him if he doesn't say anything. Don't give him anything to eat. No water either."
The demigod whipped me till black spots danced around in my vision. The demigod sighed and hung the whip in the corner where I coould never reach. I let out a big breath. I felt cold. I shook my arms weakly, making the iron shackles shake. Would Annabeth be okay? Victor would worry a lot. I hoped they would get to Canada soon. Suddenly, a whole lot of water came down on me, making my hair damp. The water was dirty. But it healed my wounds slightly. I felt colder now that my clothes were wet. I coughed out some water. It seemed like I wasn't waterproof to this.
I needed to hold out. I wasn't weak.
I could wait.

I gasped as electric coursed through my body.
How long has it been? Days? All I knew was that Tartarus left me thousands more scars. I gritted my teeth in pain as Kronos kicked me a few times.
"Sir. They are at Canada. At the place where the tree is." One denigod said.
"Hmm..." He looked down at me. "I guess we could use him now."
I hated the way he looked down at me.
And I hated that I knew I was going to be used.
A pawn.

Annabeth's POV

I looked around in the misty place. There were pine trees, and Nico found one big trunk. He felt it carefully, and knelt beside it. He began chanting in a strange language, making the atmosphere more eeirer. Renya was limping from a recent wound.
"I don't like this place." Renya whispered. "Its... Unsettling."
Victor touched the soil and let it crumble between his fingers. He tilted his head.
"This place.... It holds the souls of dead dryads. Too much. They suck away power, and energy. If we use too much energy here or stay here too long..." he looked at Nico. "We could die." he ended.
A wisp of a dryad came up from the tree trunk. Her eyes were closed, and she was as pale as a ghost.
"Does anyone have a jar?"
Victor gave him a small jar. Nico skillfully put the dryad in the jar.
"Thats it?"
"No."
The tree stump dissapeared. The other tree stumps had their dryads too, pale, dead dryads. They floated to the tree stump that we were at. Nico put the jar on the stump, and the dryads seemed to condense into something around the jar. Nico stuck his hand in the glowing condensed dryad and released the dryad. They condensed into something.
A tree.
It was a sapling, weak and skinny, but it would grow. Nico unsheathed his sword and held it in his hand. He swept it out, leaving a cut on his hand. He dripped blood onto the tree, and it seemed to straigten a little. Nico seemed tired after forming the tree. What Victor said earlier worried me. He stood up and scooped the sapling up in his hands.
"Lets go. We have to find a graveyard. With lots of angry souls." He said blandly.
"Not now."
I whipped my head around to see Kronos.
And Omega.
Victor looked horrified. Nico's eyes widened. Renya let out a small sound.
He was bloody, and shackled. His head drooped down, and his clothes were rags. He was held by his hair by Kronos, who had a gruesome smile on his face.
"One step. See what happens." he threatened.
We were all frozen. We knew what would happen if we moved even a little bit. The gears in my head started to turn. We needed to talk him out-
"Move."
Omega's hoarse voice stopped the train of thoughts in my head.
We didn't move. He clenched his teeth.
"Get out of here. Now."
Victor looked desperate. "But-"
He lifted his head and glared at him. It was enough to send chills up my spine. Victor looked close to tears. He took one tentative step. Kronos stuck a dagger in Omega's back. Omega flinched as he pressed it in deeper, but didn't make a sound. Kronos scowled but looked back at us, expecting us to do something. I knew what would happen if we stayed here too long.
We would die.
Omega was looking at me now. I kept his eyes on him and took one step slowly, scared to death.
The dagger in his arm twisted. He grimaced as Kronos pulled it out, adding to the blood that was already there.
Because of me.
By the time we all had taken one step each, there was one new hole on Omega's back. Yippe. Kronos frowned.
"This is no fun." he said. He threw his dagger to the ground and took out a jar filled with a black, smoky thing.
"Tartarus told me to use this if you wouldn't budge." he tilted his head. "I want some screams, boy. Scream." he took out the black thing, and chills went up my spine. My worst memories flashed before me. Suddenly, I was caught up at the time when I knew Percy wasn't there.
"Percy's at Tartarus. It'll be hard to meet him again. Forget him. He wasn't such a good person anyway." my mother's words struck me hard. I wanted to break down again, and try to think Percy would be fine.
Its fine. I thought. Just a bad dream.
Snap out of it.
I blinked once, and I saw Kronos again and all the others. Nico's eyes were darker than usual, if that was possible. Renya had her teeth clenched. Victor was poker faced. I didn't know what he was thinking.
But if that effected us like that from a distance, how much would it effect Omega? I could see him cringing from the black thing. Our attention was on him. He whimpered as the black smoke seeped into his head.
And he screamed.
I couldn't explain it.
All I could say that I heard what was actually screaming.
It wasn't one of those high pitched screams from this zombie movie.
Anguished. Sad. Scared. Distressed.
Completely lost.
Renya blocked her ears. Nico's eyes were a whirlwind of black. I wanted to block my ears like Renya. I glanced at Victor. He was frozen too, his eyes completely horrified.
But he was listening to it all.
I realized.
It was like the sirens song. If you heard it, you would become wiser. But if you heard it, it left you as broken. I heard the song of the sirens. They were so inviting. Nice. Wonderful.
But not this.
The black seeped out of Omega's head, leaving him gasping. Kronos laughed.
"Wonderful." he laughed. "Now-"
"Go."
His voice was loud, and clear. Kronos scowled.
"You know what happens." he said. He looked at us. "For them..." he mused. His golden eyes turned to me and a grusome smile covered his face.
"Annabeth's turn~"

Hehehehehehehehehea