Chapter 25

Jason's POV

Omega seemed a bit off.
He stared blankly outside the window. Luke and Leo went along just fine. Luke was a son of Hermes, so I understood.

Leo and a son of Hermes for a long car ride = loud and crazy.

Omega didn't seem to care. The driver didn't either.
"Where you going?"
"To our relatives house." Omega said.
"Cousins?"
Omega nodded.
"What about your parents?"
"They went first." I covered.
He nodded and didn't say anything else. I felt kind of uncomfortable sitting next to Luke. In front of me was Omega. I stared out the window.
Not very exciting.
I sighed and glanced and Leo and Luke, wondering if I should just join their conversation.

Yup. I was that desperate.

I felt awkward in this group. I wished I was with Piper. I sighed and rubbed my eyes and tried to go to sleep.

ㅣㅡDREAMㅡㅣ

I blinked in the bright light.
I was at the underworld a few seconds-
My train of thoughts was cut off my someone hugging me tight. The scent of her hair suprised me.

Piper.

I was frozen for a moment, but hugged her back tight. I felt her slightly shaking slightly. I pulled her back to see her face. She was crying.
"Don't cry."
"Jason..." she sobbed.
"I missed you too."
I kissed her.
I didn't realized how much I had missed her till than.
"Come on Piper! You didn't want to see us?"
Piper laughed and wiped her eyes. "Leo."
Hazel wrapped her arms around Piper, and everyone did the same, wrapping her up in a big ball of arms. She was laughing, I was crying, Leo was on fire, and it was just all crazy. A girl I had never seen before was standing a step away, looking at us.
"Wheres Percy?"
Annabeth's worried voice made us slip out of our happy little bubble.
I realized that we were in front of the gods.
Piper's face dropped. "Percy?" Her voice was odd, as if she was about to cry. The girl entwined her hand with Leo's and bit her lip, glancing at Leo.
Annabeth's eyes turned stormy. She turned to Zeus. "Where is he?"
Zeus looked at Athena. Athena sighed.
"He's at Tartarus. We do not know the rest."
"What!"
Poseidon sighed. "I'm sorry Annabeth. Your mother insisted..." he glanced at Athena accusingly.
"Why!" Annabeths voice got a bit higher. "Where is he now?"
"We don't know." Hermes said sadly. "We're really sorry."
I looked at Piper. "Really?" my voice was shaking. Piper's lip was trembling.
"I'm really sorry Annabeth. He- he went-"
"You- made him go?"

Annabeth was talking to Athena.

Athena sighed once more. "Darling- that boy said that he would go. It's perfectly okay. He's somewhere in Tartarus. He jumped in- we didn't push him in- he's living happily-"
"Happily?" Annabeth shrieked. "I thought you were the goddess of wisdom?!"
Athena's eyes flared. "He killed a son of Aphrodite."
"He was a traitor." Piper said quietly.
"This is ridiculous Athena." Artemis said. "Lets send them back to camp first. Chiron will explain."
I nodded slowly and pushed everyone out. Annabeth seemed very shocked. Her gray eyes were wide. The elevator dinged as we reached the first floor. Everyone, even Leo was silent. The girl, Calypso, was still holding hands with Leo and was crying silently. I kept my arm around Piper. I was sorry for her after dying. I had left her pretty much. Piper leaned on my shoulder. Hazel held Frank's hand tight.

Percy was gone?

I closed my eyes, trying to block out the world and everything except Piper's warmth at my side.

~~

"Jason? We're here."
I rubbed my eyes and streched. We climbed out of the car and met with the others. I held Pipers hand, glad to see her again. I kept on remembering the haunted look in her eyes when Annabeth asked where was Percy.
Percy.
I didn't know what to think about him at first. I felt confused- he seemed happy-go-lucky, too much- and didn't really seem impressive.
And I knew I was underestimating him now.
It really made me wonder why he made people underestimate himself. He acted innocent. Weak. Just like a normal mortal.