Chapter 36

Omega's POV

I had woken up in a bed without my left hand.

It wasn't shocking, but Victor was obviously distressed about it. He wouldn't talk to me, or meet my eyes. Will had told me that I would get a new hand later on, and that Leo would make one for me. My wrist was bandaged as a stub.

Atleast its my left hand. I can still fight. I thought. By habit, I flexed my fingers. I didn't feel anything. I gently touched the stub. It felt odd. My arms were completely bandaged. I rubbed my left arm with my right hand. The rough bandages felt odd. I felt a bit confused. It didn't really come to me that I had lost a hand. I saw Victor come in.
"Hey. Can I go out now?"
He didn't answer. I swung my legs off, taking the blanket off.
"I'll go."
I was leaving, streching but his words stopped me.
"You know, I thought that I could keep you safe. All of you." he laughed shakily. "I guess I failed." he looked back, and I saw that his eyes were bloodshot. "Go. I can't do anything now."

"Victor-"
He turned back, and I left the room, feeling bad for him. Thinking, I hadn't realized I had bumped into a blond. Malcom looked up, pushing his glasses up.
"Watch your step." he frowned. "Is it okay for you to come out this quickly?"
I shrugged. "Victor didn't say anything."
"You should talk to him. He seemed... Upset."
I nodded. "Wheres Annabeth?"
He arched an eyebrow. "Somewhere. I don't know."
"Really?"
he sighed. "She's in the Athena cabin."
"Who did you come to see?"
"Bianca."
I smiled a little. "Why?"
"She was hurt." he held up a box, with a note and a flower tied to it. "Brought her a roll cake."
"She would like it."
"Annabeth told me to."
"Don't tell her that."
"Why?"
I laughed. "I didn't know you didn't know this much about girls. Just say that you were worried about her."
he furrowed his eyebrows. "Why do I have to lie?"
I shook my head. "Have a nice time."

"Annabeth?"
She turned around slightly in her chair, and smiled when she saw me.
"Hi!" she furrowed her eyebrows. "Is it okay for you to to come out?"
I shrugged. "Can you come out?"
she came out of the cabin. "why?"
I let my form shimmer and become another form- the unmasked one.

"Wanted to see you."

She laughed and nudged me. "Is your hand okay?"
"Yeah. Are the borders..."
"They're perfectly clean, thanks to you."
"Thats great."
"Do you want to see the new hand Leo's making?"
I nodded. "Sure."
We walked towards the forge, and saw Leo working on something. His nimble hands held a hammer that worked on a metal thing that had the faint shape of a hand.
"Hey."
Leo looked up and gave us an impish grin. "Ello! Come to see this?" he held up the wrist, or what I thought it was. He put the wrist part on the stub, and adjusted it to fit.
"I'm gonna make it really good, better than your old hand." he said. "I can add whatever you'd like to it." he pressed a button and a net came out from the wrist part. "Spider man!"
Laughing, I put the wrist on the table. the net retracted itself.
"Just don't make it weird."
He smirked. "Whatever." his smile faded and got a bit more serious. "Is your hand okay? Like... it doesn't hurt?"
I bit my lip. "Honestly, I'm not sure." I admitted. "Victor wouldn't tell me anything."
Annabeth frowned. "He seemed upset yesterday. He was in your room all day."
I rubbed the back of my neck. "He wouldn't talk to me."
A cold silence settled over us.
Leo clapped, trying to break the ice. "Now, shoo! I need to make your hand."
I managed a smile and said goodbye to Leo, and went to the beach with Annabeth. We didn't know why. It just... calmed us. I did what I did everyday, the routine of throwing off my shoes and digging in my feet. I wiggled my toes to let the sand get in between my toes and sat down along with Annabeth.
"I met Malcom. He went to see Bianca."
Annabeth smiled. "I told him to." her smile faded. "Oh. He wouldn't tell her that I told him to, right?"
"Don't worry- I told him not to. He doesn't know anything about girls." I laughed.
She nudged me. "Do you?"
I feigned suprise. "Of course I do! How many girls would I have dated with this face?"
Laughing, she hit me on the shoulder. "You would of had your mask on!"
"I sometimes take it off!" I pouted.
"To the dark blue eyed form? Admit it, you made this form first here."
"Yes..." I admitted.
She smirked. "I bet you dated one girl. Just one."
You.
I forced a smile. "You're right."
"Of course I am! When am I not right?"
"Never." I agreed.
"So. How do you feel about your hand?"
I stared at the bandaged stub. "Confused."
She was silent.
"Annabeth?"
"Yeah?"
"Do you think that you can love two people at once?"
She stared at me. "Why?"
"Just."
She thought about it carefully. "Like- love in a sibling way?"
"No."
"I don't think you can. I wouldn't like to. It would be disloyal. I don't want to be a philandering person."
I nodded, a little deflated. "Oh. Uh.." I paused. "Do you think Percy's still alive?"
"Of course." she said with no hesitation.
I smiled. "Thanks."
"Why?"
"Just."

For loving me.

~~

I watched Victor remove the bandages.

My arm had healed fast, thanks to Victor. It was time to put on my new hand. Victor adjusted the hand. It was like an robot's hand- metallic. It shone silver. Leo had also gave me a glove like thing that hid all the hand and made it look real. He made it so that the skin would look exactly what I had- it would camouflage whenever my skin color changed. I put on the glove. It looked like if I had never lost a hand. I bent each finger. It felt a bit stiff. I clenched a fist, and reopened it again. Victor tossed me a ball, and I caught it easily.
"It seems fine. Leo did a good job." he said blandly. I tossed the ball in my hand and caught it. "He's talented."
Victor nodded, and gathered his tools. He left without a word, and I stood up from the rickety wooden chair. I put my hand in my pocket and went out to the arena. I wanted to use my hand a bit.
"Hey."
I smiled at Frank. "Hi."
"Jason told me to go to his cabin. Do you want to come?"
I shrugged. "Sure."
We walked together to the Zeus cabin in a comfortable silence. I kicked a rock and let it skitter to the side. Frank opened the door to the Zeus cabin to see Jason, Leo, the Stolls, Will, Chris, Malcom, Nico, and Grover sitting down crossed legged on the floor.
Jason smiled at me. "Hi. Sit down."
"Hi Grover." Frank said.
Grover stared at me. "I heard about you. You're Omega?"
I nodded.
"Do you like your hand?" Leo asked.
"Yes. It's perfect."
"Why are we here?" Malcom asked, looking up from his book. "I'm busy."

"To talk."

"Thats all?"
"Nope." Jason waved his hand and a table full of snacks. "We're matchmaking. So dig in."

~~

"Bianca likes me?"

Malcom had put down his book and staring at Nico incredulously.
"Yes." Nico grumbled.
Malcom furrowed his eyebrows. "How come I didn't know?"
Leo waved his hand like that didn't matter. "Who cares? Do you like her?" Nico glared at Malcom pointedly.
Malcom sighed. "She's okay."
"And?"
"She's cute." he admitted.
Leo smirked. "Pay up."
Chris handed Leo five drachmas.
Nico crossed his arms. "I swear-"
"It's not nice to threathen people Nicki."
"Nicki!?"
Chris nudged Will and he raised his arms. Nico sighed and shook his head while unwrapping a chocolate.
"So. Omega."
My head shot up. "Yeah?"
"Do you like Annabeth?"

"Of course."

Leo blinked. "What?"
I laughed at him. "Of course I like her."
With wide eyes, Leo handed Connor a pouch of drachmas.
"Why?"
I shrugged. "Cus. Why do you like Calypso?"
"Touche."
Jason leaned back on the wall. "It'll be hard. She believes that Percy's alive and refuses to date."

"Do you believe that Percy's dead?"

"Uh.... We all hope that he will come back but... We waited for more than 1000 years." Frank said.
I nodded. "Okay."
"Why are you curious about that?"
"Cuz." I smiled.
Will grabbed a cracker. "Are you thinking about asking her to go out with you?"
"Of course. Thinking about giving her a promise ring."
Jason nodded. "That doesn't sound bad."
"Do you need help?" Leo asked.
"No. It's fine. Want to make it myself." I smiled.
"Have you dated someone before?" Grover asked.
"Yes..." I said hesitantly.
"Did you break up with her?"
I sipped my soda. "She died."
Silence ensused. I put my soda can down.
"I'll go now, if you're done talking. Oh. Thanks for the hand Leo."
I went out of the cabin went to mine. I fiddled with a piece of silver. It was from planet Chaos. I had chipped off a bit, and it was enough to make a ring.

But it wasn't any old ring.

I took out a trident, the one that I made a thousand years ago. Melting it was easy. I formed a jewel quickly and made a thin band on silver and wrapped it around the jewel. I smiled at my creation. It protects, and doesn't look bad.

Perfect.

I would ask her to meet me at the canoe lake today after dinner. I smiled.

Perfect.